Retrofit foot-activated Power Liftgate? Or parking chip?

FordFamily

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium, 2005 Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Is there any movement by Ford to retrofit the foot-activated Power Liftgate on Mach-e Premium with accessory option package A-300?

Or for the matter, is there any movement to retrofit the parallel parking chip?
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Someone sells the sensor for the hands free tailgate. Then you can enable it.
Search the forum.
My 22 GT already had the sensor, all I had to do was to enable it with Forscan.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, and not expected.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I also have a question about the parking feature. I recently took a test spin in a '23 GT-PE and it had the parking switch next to the hazard light switch just like my '21 Prem. I didn't try it while I was in the car...but I'd heard they were de-contenting some of this stuff like the toe-tap hatch opener and parking stuff. So if the car has the parking switch does that mean it still works?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I also have a question about the parking feature. I recently took a test spin in a '23 GT-PE and it had the parking switch next to the hazard light switch just like my '21 Prem. I didn't try it while I was in the car...but I'd heard they were de-contenting some of this stuff like the toe-tap hatch opener and parking stuff. So if the car has the parking switch does that mean it still works?
No, it won't work.

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So if the car has the parking switch does that mean it still works?
On my 2023 Select when I press the park switch it brings up a screen that's titled Parking with a button to navigate to the nearest parking sites. When I press the button it then jumps to the navigation screen with parking selections.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Retrofit foot-activated Power Liftgate?  Or parking chip? Parkin

Ford Mustang Mach-E Retrofit foot-activated Power Liftgate?  Or parking chip? Parking Locations

Last edited:

curtisfinney

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Subaru Forestor, 2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
I find the parking button totally unnecessary with the 360 camera and guides on it. The car is really easy to parallel and reverse park. If you have never done this before, give it a try.

Reactions: ARK

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I find the parking button totally unnecessary with the 360 camera and guides on it. The car is really easy to parallel and reverse park. If you have never done this before, give it a try.
Well I used it once on my '21 Prem. And I used the feature once on my '15 F-150 Lariat to get into a tight parallel spot in downtown Nashville many years back. In the truck, getting into the spot was fine...but getting back out I needed a spotter to not hit the other cars...it was tight.

I generally have no issues with parallel parking thanks to the cameras we have now. I just wondered if the feature was still there since the same switch is still there on this '23 model. I guess it isn't.

OP
OP

FordFamily

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Someone sells the sensor for the hands free tailgate. Then you can enable it.
Search the forum.
My 22 GT already had the sensor, all I had to do was to enable it with Forscan.

OP
OP

FordFamily

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Help me a little more, Ali. How do I find out if I have the sensor for the hands-free lift gate on my 2022 Premium? I do have the motorized lift gate system functioning. How do I activate the software for the hands-free sensor? I don't do Forscan or any programing. Or do I just report to the dealer that it doesn't work and let them work it out? (10K dealer visit coming up.)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Help me a little more, Ali. How do I find out if I have the sensor for the hands-free lift gate on my 2022 Premium? I do have the motorized lift gate system functioning. How do I activate the software for the hands-free sensor? I don't do Forscan or any programing. Or do I just report to the dealer that it doesn't work and let them work it out? (10K dealer visit coming up.)
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ands-free-liftgate-back-to-2022-mach-e.16407/

OP
OP

FordFamily

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No, and not expected.
Is your reply ""No, and not expected." for the hands-free lift gate also? Or for the parking function only?

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
This thread should give you all the info: https://www.macheforum.com/diy-how-to-add-hands-free-liftgate-back-to-2022-mach-e/

In short, you have to look under a flap below the bumper to see if you have the sensor. Most 2022 do. If not there, there is aftermarket one, can’t find the link. It’s probably in the above thread. You might be able to get the OEM one from Ford.
After that, you will need the forscan software to enable it. That also in the thread.
Not sure if Ford will do anything to enable it. But it doesn’t hurt to ask.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Retrofit foot-activated Power Liftgate?  Or parking chip? 1683664985323

this is the flap. Held on by one screw. No need to lift the car of take the entire cover off. Stick your phone in there and take a bunch of pictures. You’re bound to get a picture of it to see if it’s there.
Sponsored