Power liftgate

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
The premium trims have a hands free foot activated lift gate. Do the none premiums still have a power lift gate that just isn't foot activated? Anyone see any info on this?
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
The foot activated power liftgate has been around for a number of years as my 2017 CMax has it and it still works with an aftermarket hitch installed.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The foot activated power liftgate has been around for a number of years as my 2017 CMax has it and it still works with an aftermarket hitch installed.
My 2013 Escape has it too. In fact I think that was the first model to have it. We use it all the time. (Unlike the parallel-park feature which I think we've used all of twice in 7 years).

Last edited:
OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
This says all models except the Select have the foot-activated power liftgate. Makes no mention of liftgate for Select. I'm guessing not (as surely most of the cost is in the "power" part, not the "foot-activated" part). But that's just my guess.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...df/seo-pdfs/Mustang_Mach-E_Tech_Specs-SEO.pdf
excellent. This conflicts with the main website in the rt1 having it. I'm guessing this is right. Turning around on upgrading to that.

My c-max actually has the power lift and no foot activated
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

garapatisri

First Name
Sridhar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME PRE AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My MME premium 2023 does not work with foot. Dealer says its not installed? is this true

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
My MME premium 2023 does not work with foot. Dealer says its not installed? is this true
Yeah it was taken out I believe in the middle of 22 and through 23. Although they might be reintroducing it.

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have '22 Premium with an April build date. Was able to enable the hands free liftgate using FORScan.

Mind boggling that they built the car with the hardware and didn't enable the feature in the software. There's even a pictogram by the close button in the hatch showing the kicking motion!
Sponsored