John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had to turn reverse collision detection off. My driveway slopes down to the street. The car consistently detected the approaching street as a collision object and slammed on the brakes. That made it difficult to get out of my driveway. A large box appeared on the dash to tell me that the reverse collision detection was turned off. Apparently the programmer thought that I wouldn't remember that I turned it off 1 minute ago.
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I had to turn reverse collision detection off. My driveway slopes down to the street. The car consistently detected the approaching street as a collision object and slammed on the brakes. That made it difficult to get out of my driveway. A large box appeared on the dash to tell me that the reverse collision detection was turned off. Apparently the programmer thought that I wouldn't remember that I turned it off 1 minute ago.
I get that sometimes too, especially when it is really sunny. The car totally freaked out with a rosebush branch sticking out in the driveway. Save the plants!

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I've done that a couple of times backing out of my driveway as well, scared the crap out of me thinking I'd actually hit something. But haven't turned it off though.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Iā€™ve had the same issuer with multiple cars. Now when Iā€™m ready to go, garage door closed, triple sure no oneā€˜s around, etc., I gun it and back out. Donā€™t know if itā€™s because of the speed, but it doesnā€™t even beep compared to slowly backing out.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Had that happen yesterday. However, no slope and it was just backing out of the garage. It said "reverse braking assist."
Sponsored