RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Fake news , don't you know that in the US ?
We are almost there, in the matrix, where it's impossible to distinguish fake from real. You may say, the fake is the new real. And when good quality deep fakes appear you won't be able to trust your eyes anymore.
Sponsored

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don‘t read or watch any “news” anymore. Truly, ignorance is bliss! ??

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
tesla is in no position to throw stones. it's just a click bait story, like 99% of all stories in 2021.
rear windows on Y's and 3's were exploding for no reason a while back. many model 3's came with cracked roof glass, etc.
As a Ford stockholder I'm ecstatic that they've hit 2 Home Runs, MME & Lightning. My portfolio has a lot of upside. Yes, I liked the MME so much that I bought one. And it was received!

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Except that Ford is issuing a recall to improve safety before a safety problem has been experienced by drivers. To my knowledge, no Mach E roofs have flown off. Despite that, Ford is doing the right thing. Tesla roofs were flying off and bumpers falling off and customers were having to fight Tesla to get it fixed under warranty.
If not sure the issue is them falling off, more of them falling apart, maybe? I'm not actually sure of the specific's, even on the Bronco, where it's also a problem, apparently.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If not sure the issue is them falling off, more of them falling apart, maybe? I'm not actually sure of the specific's, even on the Bronco, where it's also a problem, apparently.
They are not secured correctly to the roof. So it could be possible for wind to get up under it and rip it off and send it flying. I kind of doubt that would happen, but Ford doesn't want to find out lol

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
They are not secured correctly to the roof. So it could be possible for wind to get up under it and rip it off and send it flying. I kind of doubt that would happen, but Ford doesn't want to find out lol
Or possibly roof ejection during impact.

There are reports on the forum of panoramic roof banging noises at freeway speeds. That’s where my mind went as soon as I read of this recall.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Something like this happened to me, even posted it here to document the time and day for a later date just incase.

At 50mph the roof started buffeting, and a large slamming noise was coming from the roof. Like someone was hitting it with a hammer.

Was very confused (as well as the girlfriend) until I started to notice a pattern and it repeating, which made me think buffeting (thanks James May)

Since then I haven't driven it as much on the highways waiting for this recall to come out. Pretty sure if I had continued on the highway it would've cracked or worse. This was the loudest noise I've ever heard from a car, and pretty scary from the inside when it's coming from the roof!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Something like this happened to me, even posted it here to document the time and day for a later date just incase.

At 50mph the roof started buffeting, and a large slamming noise was coming from the roof. Like someone was hitting it with a hammer.

Was very confused (as well as the girlfriend) until I started to notice a pattern and it repeating, which made me think buffeting (thanks James May)

Since then I haven't driven it as much on the highways waiting for this recall to come out. Pretty sure if I had continued on the highway it would've cracked or worse. This was the loudest noise I've ever heard from a car, and pretty scary from the inside when it's coming from the roof!
Was it the type of sound your windows make when you open the rear windows and keep the front windows closed while driving fast?

dmasteR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi S4
Country flag
MME is a serious competitor to Tesla, so expect them to come up with more FUD.
I remember Musk was denigrating MME because it was made in Mexico, all the while moving the Tesla manufacturing to China.
tesla is in no position to throw stones. it's just a click bait story, like 99% of all stories in 2021.
rear windows on Y's and 3's were exploding for no reason a while back. many model 3's came with cracked roof glass, etc.
It's super strange how quickly people accuse the writer to be a Tesla fan. Go through the articles that the author actually writes....

He writes all things EV. To assume people are just writing FUD against the MME is actually insane.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
It's super strange how quickly people accuse the writer to be a Tesla fan. Go through the articles that the author actually writes....

He writes all things EV. To assume people are just writing FUD against the MME is actually insane.
hey captain assumption, at no point did i state that the writer of the article was a tesla fanboi. please don't attempt to twist my posts in the future.

i am a tesla fan, a big one. so keep that in context when quoting me. thank you.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Was it the type of sound your windows make when you open the rear windows and keep the front windows closed while driving fast?
Worse, it actually sounded like there was someone hammering on the roof.

I thought something or someone was on there slamming on it (Nightmare at 20,000 feet style) until it completed a cycle and started to repeat.

Avid watcher of Top Gear and The Grand Tour, so was familiar with the buffeting term, and that's precisely what happened.

Was doing under 60mph, just over 50mph and before it could make a 3rd cycle pattern I quickly drove to a side street, got out, and checked things.

Hasn't been repeated yet. Pretty good feeling that had I kept driving on the highway at that time, something would've happened. Likely just a crack, but it was damn scary. Thoughts of Tommy Boy and the hood flying off came to mind.

Glad to know it's being addressed.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
So Tesla did a recall AFTER a roof fell off.

Ford did a recall BEFORE a roof fell off.

Any questions? ?
Tesla had a single roof fail -- there is no general Tesla roof recall. Ford is recalling more than 17k cars for poorly attached roofs.

Any questions?
Sponsored