2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
If I go by what Ford USA puts on Mach-E page it shows. 0-60 sec mph time is 5.2 sec for eAWD and 5.8 sec for RWD with SR battery.
But some reviews state it is more like 6.1 sec for RWD. Same for both Select & Premium versions. What can I expect for driving characteristics if I stay withe the RWD Select?

Last new Mustang I owned was 2003 Mustang GT convertible 5-speed.

Not many reviews to be found between RWD and eAWD for performance but more on the range differences.

In Canada it is $3500 upgrade to go to eAWD.

Does the different wheel options affect the weight? Are the 18" standard option lighter than the 19" wheels ?
Is the standard roof lighter than the panoramic glass roof ?

In the old days of ICE Mustangs, making the vehicle lighter made performance better.

I know for many the Select & Premium equals no performance but in Canada the GT starts at $83,495 + destination/delivery

Dan
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Why are you not considering the California Route 1, it comes standard with extended range battery, heated seats and steering wheel, has the best range of any Mach E and if you go AWD it is $2345 US dollars cheaper than a comparable Premium model?

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
0-60 sec mph time is 5.2 sec for eAWD and 5.8 sec for RWD with SR battery.
But some reviews state it is more like 6.1 sec for RWD
6.1s 0-60 is for rear wheel drive with extended range battery.

What can I expect for driving characteristics if I stay withe the RWD Select?

Are the 18" standard option lighter than the 19" wheels ?
Yes, I think so. They help with fuel efficiency a little bit, too.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Those zero to 60 times are rolling times, as an FYI, so add .2 to .4 seconds for 100% stopped. You can feel the subtle difference between a Select and premium X AWD acceleration due to the difference in HP (266 vs 346). I have never driven a RWD to offer an opinion.

Too bad you are so far away, a dealer in Bangor Maine has 2 RWD Selects in stock you could drive. I would make my premium ER AWD available for comparison. You could fly in….

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes, glass roof is heavier than metal.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yes, glass roof is heavier than metal.
This seems true. As far as how much? No one seems to have figured it out yet. Guesses range from 30 lbs to 200.

Based on people adding up the weight of all of the parts, seems closer to 30 lbs.

That said, OP should absolutely go with AWD ER.

AWD- Why? Because Canada. 2nd reason? If you’re even asking about performance, you’re going to regret not getting the fast one.

ER- just read ANY of the daily threads about cold weather range and performance. It gets slower and range cuts in half in the winter.

I’m not sure you’d make it to the grocery store and back in the snow in a rwd sr.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
The AWD versions are faster than the RWD versions for both batteries. They put out more torque off the line with the dual motors. I don't know the quarted mile times but they should be close since the total HP is very similar for AWD and RWD.

If you live in Canada, you have good reson to get the AWD version. The loss in range is minimal.

NJ Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Why are you not considering the California Route 1, it comes standard with extended range battery, has the best range of any Mach E and if you go AWD it is $2345 US dollars cheaper than a comparable Premium model?
I believe the California Route 1 does not come with heated seats or steering wheel. Both of which are good in Southern CA, but not here in NJ where the temps have been in the teens the last few days. I have an AWD with the extended range battery and at full charge I'm only showing 204 miles of range. Hoepfully when it warms up the range will approach the 300 advertised.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I believe the California Route 1 does not come with heated seats or steering wheel. Both of which are good in Southern CA, but not here in NJ where the temps have been in the teens the last few days. I have an AWD with the extended range battery and at full charge I'm only showing 204 miles of range. Hoepfully when it warms up the range will approach the 300 advertised.
You are partially correct, that was the case for the 21's but for the '22 MY the California Route 1 is standard with heated seats and steering wheel.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Although I exceeded 300 miles in my AWD Extended Premium for seven months of the last year, I believe the EPA range is 270, not 300. Now that it is winter in Wisconsin, 200 miles is good in our current cold weather.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Headline:
FORD ALL WHEEL DRIVE, PANOVIEW ROADSTER MODEL 1896
Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD vs eAWD performance for Select & Premium differences 1644032702164
Sponsored