"Scheduled charge did not begin" charging issues

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
UPDATE: It's been a month after the original positing and wanted to let everyone know what my experience has been. I took it to my local Ford dealer to try to get it resolved, and the tech said they they had another MachE GT have this same issue. They stated that they just had to reset a portion of the computer that was effected with the Blue Cruise update. Additionally, I asked that reseal a portion of the windshield that was letting air in. After a week at the shop, they informed me that the windshield had broken when they went to reseal it and a new one was 3 weeks out. Got the car back on Friday afternoon and everything seemed fine. Got to work this morning, went to plug it in, and after 15 min, the same "Scheduled charge did not being". Had my electrician come out and try to switch it to a 30 Amp and within 25 seconds the breaker flipped. After 2 or 3 attempts, we decided to go back to the 50 Amp.

A few notes:
1) The rental my local ford dealer was a 2021 MachE primum extended rage with no Blue Cruise update. Charged perfect fine on my charger.
2) Plugged into a Electrify America 150 & 350 kWh chager (separate trips) - no issue.

Have another appointment set up with a different ford dealership 2 weeks from now. From their side, they saw no issues, so they will run a full diagnostic.
my car hasn’t had the blue cruise update yet and this is happening on my car. So for me at least, it was another software version that seems to have created the issue.
Sponsored

tpreynol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Just had this issue with a charge point level 2 charger last night. Mach e gt 2022 that received last week and had been charging at night to 80 percent every night until last night. Last night charged for no more than 2 mins and stopped. Manually charged fine this morning for 40 mins before I stopped it to go to work.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
Has anyone taken theirs in and gotten a fix? I’m still waiting to get mine in. Charging 30 amps just fine. Can’t go above that though.

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone taken theirs in and gotten a fix? I’m still waiting to get mine in. Charging 30 amps just fine. Can’t go above that though.
my car was at the dealership getting some recall work done and I told them about this issue…they said they saw the error codes and did a software update that should’ve fixed it. I got the car home and it was still doing it. I took it back to the dealership yesterday and when they showed me the error code, it’s showing that the battery is getting too hot while charging. Theres a piece that they think they have to replace, but they want to hear back from Ford first.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
my car was at the dealership getting some recall work done and I told them about this issue…they said they saw the error codes and did a software update that should’ve fixed it. I got the car home and it was still doing it. I took it back to the dealership yesterday and when they showed me the error code, it’s showing that the battery is getting too hot while charging. Theres a piece that they think they have to replace, but they want to hear back from Ford first.
Thanks for the update! Personally I think it’s a software issue, but I’m ford will have an answer. Thanks!

Wally

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Red Premium Mach E4
Country flag
I'll add my voice to this too. I have a GRIZLL-E Charger set at 40 Amps The car starts charging then stops way before the 80% mark it's supposed to stop at. been going on for months. It started after a software OTA upgrade from ford so pretty sure they changed something and they have yet to figure out what they screwed up. I can charge fully using the 32 amp travel charger that came with the car at home. this is getting old.

Last edited:

Borg1of2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
I'll add my voice to this too. I have a GRIZLL-E Charger set at 40 Amps The car starts charging then stops way before the 80% mark it's supposed to stop at. been going on for months. It started after a software OTA upgrade from ford so pretty sure they changed something and they have yet to figure out what they screwed up. I can charge fully using the 32 amp travel charger that came with the car at home. this is getting old.
Me too. Brand new, picked up on Thursday. First time at a charger. It changed for a few hours then this error happened. It could be heat as the car was located top level of parking garage, but not sure the amps it was charging at.

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car has been in the shop all week for them to address this issue. I got this text today “We have a few things we are going to update and reprogram. There is a battery energy control module that needs to be updated along with a few other things we are going to wrap up tomorrow”

I’ll let y’all know how this works out.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
My car has been in the shop all week for them to address this issue. I got this text today “We have a few things we are going to update and reprogram. There is a battery energy control module that needs to be updated along with a few other things we are going to wrap up tomorrow”

I’ll let y’all know how this works out.
Mine goes into the shop tomorrow for this issue. Let us know if they resolve it. Thanks!

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I posted a final update to my experience with the "scheduled charge did not begin" error I was having here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...duled-charge-did-not-begin-error.20476/page-3

Long story short, they ended up replacing the charge port after I involved Ford engineers. Prior to that, the dealer would not even agree there was a problem.
yep, they’re waiting for the parts to come in now for them to replace my charging port. They’ve acknowledged from the beginning that there was an issue, they tried several software updates with no success…the new port should come in Monday and hopefully be resolved.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Just as a quick update, Ford has not corrected this issue with me. I had a chat with the BEV team who punted to the dealership, but speaking to the dealership has gotten me nowhere. They said charging happened just fine on their level 2 chargers, but also conceded that the voltage was likely much lower than 48A, and possibly as low as 20A (they have several from 20A to 40A and didn't know which one was used to test my car). I am still waiting to hear when I can bring the car back into the dealership, but have to wait for a loaner to become available.
The same BS that I'm getting from my service department.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
Just wanted to update everyone. Ford is now going to replace my charge port as well. They finally upped their amps on their charge point and was getting the error I was above 30 amps. Luckily I had made a case with ford because I’m just outside my warranty, although I had been in 3 others times for the same issue. $1500 will be covered by ford. I would just like to know how all of sudden after my bluescruise update I had this issue. Good luck to everyone.
Sponsored