Scheduled Charging Stopped Working

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
I have an issue now which means whenever I plug in home, it starts to charge immediately even though i'm outside of my scheduled charging window. I've tried deleting the schedule from the car and Fordpass, recreating the car but it still has no effect. It knows i'm at the charging location from the screen shots below. But you can see it just charges even though outside of the charge window.

Any ideas what else to try?

IMG_5143.jpg

IMG_5144.PNG

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Try increasing your charging window? If the car thinks it cannot reach your target level by the end of your set time it may start charging right away.

Make sure you have it set in FordPass like this too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scheduled Charging Stopped Working 7B99CBA1-ED0B-44D0-A94C-7D204D10A9A2

OP
OP

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
Try increasing your charging window? If the car thinks it cannot reach your target level by the end of your set time it may start charging right away.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scheduled Charging Stopped Working 7B99CBA1-ED0B-44D0-A94C-7D204D10A9A2

It is set to 'Use Preferred charge settings' already. And i don't want to increase the charging window - it's based on when I have cheaper electricity.

I get a warning when I turned the car off earlier that 'car may not reach target charge in scheduled charge window etc' - that doesn't mean it should ignore my charge window and start charging 6 hours earlier than it's set too.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

What @hybrid2bev said. I have a 1300 - 1600 time frame set (max solar timeframe). The car charges before 1 pm because often it knows it canā€™t reach the desiredctstget by the end of the session. It prioritizes charge state over session times.

OP
OP

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
What @hybrid2bev said. I have a 1300 - 1600 time frame set (max solar timeframe). The car charges before 1 pm because often it knows it canā€™t reach the desiredctstget by the end of the session. It prioritizes charge state over session times.
Thanks both

If thats the case, then it's complete BS. It's a 'target', something to aim for. Doesn't mean it should be at the expense of other 'set' values. By all means, warn be that there might be a conflict, but Ford shouldn't assume they know better than me - tell me about the conflict and let ME choose.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Thanks both

If thats the case, then it's complete BS. It's a 'target', something to aim for. Doesn't mean it should be at the expense of other 'set' values. By all means, warn be that there might be a conflict, but Ford shouldn't assume they know better than me - tell me about the conflict and let ME choose.
Other people might disagree that itā€™s just a ā€œtargetā€, they may rely on that full charge. There probably should be an override setting but in my experience it only charges just enough to make up the gap.
I think ford just has a bugs with the schedule. Yesterday I only got 2 hrs of charge and today I only got 1 Hr of charge.

OP
OP

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
Other people might disagree that itā€™s just a ā€œtargetā€, they may rely on that full charge. There probably should be an override setting but in my experience it only charges just enough to make up the gap.
I think ford just has a bugs with the schedule. Yesterday I only got 2 hrs of charge and today I only got 1 Hr of charge.
They can disagree all they want - it says ā€˜targetā€™ on the app and in the car. Like I say, a clever implementation would involve the car warning the charge window is to short to achieve the target and asking the driver to stick to schedule or go for desired charge rate.
Sponsored