After 21P22 dealer update, scheduled charging not working

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Just got back home after CSP was applied. Charge settings have been wiped out. Plugged in and charging is now underway. Wife wants it charged up to 100% tonight so I will try to reestablish charge times and percentage tomorrow.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes, they get wiped out. Simply charge, or partially charge, once, then setup Home again.

OP
OP
me-stang

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Just got back home after CSP was applied. Charge settings have been wiped out. Plugged in and charging is now underway. Wife wants it charged up to 100% tonight so I will try to reestablish charge times and percentage tomorrow.
I found that Sunday's failure ( I plugged in after returning home and charging started outside of the scheduled time) was likely due to the car not registering being at home. I went back to the schedules in the car and it showed charging at the shopping center my wife just returned from. Went to navigation and it also showed the wrong location and let me setup a navigate home(I;m already home!).
So that instance of the charging not following the schedule was due to the car not recognizing the car location. The last two charging sessions followed the schedule.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Charged at home last night but this morning I noticed on Fordpass that the location shown doesn’t quite match with my address. I am going to hold off on setting a charge schedule until I get a charge at home with the correct location!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Charged at home last night but this morning I noticed on Fordpass that the location shown doesn’t quite match with my address. I am going to hold off on setting a charge schedule until I get a charge at home with the correct location!
The address is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether it identifies that location, when you're there, with Home. If it does, then you're all set.

OP
OP
me-stang

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Ford has reached out and opened a case for this problem. I'll let you know if they provide any information. But it looks like my car is good, seems to know where it is now ?.

OP
OP
me-stang

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Had been charging on schedule until last night....hour and half into scheduled charge time I checked the app and it said "waiting to charge". Pull down refresh said car is asleep unlock or lock doors to wake up....that didn't change any info on the app. I unplugged car and reconnected and it started to charge and charged to the desired percentage......noticed this morning the app says "desired percentage" is 0% ???.

Car shows desired percentage at 85%, as expected, for the same schedule the app show 0%.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I find that Sunday charging is wonky. Often it waits until 7PM which is my weekday start time.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I still haven’t set up scheduled charging since getting the update a week ago. Since then Fordpass location has not displayed my correct home address but the widget tool gets it right every time!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I find that Sunday charging is wonky. Often it waits until 7PM which is my weekday start time.
Good afternoon! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these charging concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
After 21P22 I lost the ability to remote start etc. in ford pass. Ended up resetting that (which resets paak too), and it is back. I'd give that a shot and it will probably give you a clean slate that will work

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good afternoon! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these charging concerns for you on my end. Thanks!
Thanks, but it's not worth the effort to resolve at this point. What happens, and what others have documented, is that you cannot set the car to charge 24 hours a day on the weekend. Therefore, you have to set the charge hours for 23 hours and 55 minutes. When you do that, if you plug in during those hours, on Sunday, it doesn't charge until the beginning of that period.

Example:

My hours are Mon - Fri, 7PM - 11AM, and all day on the weekends. I have to set my hours on the weekend to a 23 hr and 55 minute period, so I pick 7PM - 6:55PM. If I go out on Sunday, and come home and plug in, there's a good chance it won't start charging. Then, at 7PM, it starts. Given that the car is then going to charge all night, it's irrelevant to me.

The dealer can't resolve this because all modules are updated, and that's the extent of their knowledge. And I've done case numbers in the past, and the amount of effort involved, coupled with the "oh, that didn't fix it?" response isn't worth my effort at this point.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Had been charging on schedule until last night....hour and half into scheduled charge time I checked the app and it said "waiting to charge". Pull down refresh said car is asleep unlock or lock doors to wake up....that didn't change any info on the app. I unplugged car and reconnected and it started to charge and charged to the desired percentage......noticed this morning the app says "desired percentage" is 0% ???.

Car shows desired percentage at 85%, as expected, for the same schedule the app show 0%.
Have you found a resolution yet to this problem? Tried again tonight to charge per schedule but charging failed to start at 9pm as scheduled. I unplugged, reconnected and then it started charging. Per Fordpass, charging to 90% should be completed by 12:30 am. Wasn’t having this problem prior to CSP21P22.

OP
OP
me-stang

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Have you found a resolution yet to this problem? Tried again tonight to charge per schedule but charging failed to start at 9pm as scheduled. I unplugged, reconnected and then it started charging. Per Fordpass, charging to 90% should be completed by 12:30 am. Wasn’t having this problem prior to CSP21P22.
This has not been a consistent problem ,happened twice since the update, unplugging and reconnecting starts the charging as you've found. I set the schedule through the car rather than the app to get to this point.

Besides those two times, and the time the car/navigation didn't register that the car was "home" the schedule has settled in and been working.

The only scheduling bug I see now is the phone app says my "Max Charge Level" is 0%, doesn't matter how many times I fix it in the app -always goes back to 0%. It does charge to the correct percentage however.....I'll have to check what the car currently shows for %.

FYI, as @RickMachE has mentioned in this thread, the VIN request from Ford to look into the problem didn't result in anything but an email saying "things look good, go back to dealer" .

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Successfully charged per schedule last night, first time since CSP was installed by dealer 3 weeks ago! Fordpass still showing wrong address for my home charging but that doesn’t seem to matter!
Sponsored