Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Newbie to the electric car world. Does anyone know what/if there is any scheduled maintenance for the Mach-E?
As already mentioned.....the owner's manual hasn't been released yet so we aren't sure. If it's anything like my Focus Electric then maintenance will be minimal. Once a year (or every 10k miles) Ford asks you to rotate the tires and perform a multi point inspection. Basic stuff....look for leaks, torn boots, loose brackets, brake pads, check tire sealant expiration date in the temporary mobility kit, etc.

In the Other Maintenance table, it shows to replace the cabin air filter every 20k miles and change the coolant at 10 years or 150k miles (then every 5 yr/50k miles after that).

There is also a note somewhere in the manual to replace the batteries in your key fob at least every 5 years I think....

Other than that, not much to do except drive the thing and keep it clean.
Sponsored

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
ooh, too funny.
When I saw that picture I was wondering who on earth would do that.
100% that someone will do it (although it will be with crawfish)and they would have never seen the picture

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
My Clarity has the OBD-II port. I got a Sprint "Drive" module that connects to that, and I then found out that it does not work in the Clarity or LEAF. They did refund my money. The module gives you WiFi internet access via Sprint along with other things. I would have liked to have that. I also have a LEAF Spy module that plugs into that port.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
True. But with an onboard computer, no gas cap, no O2 sensor, no catalytic converter, etc.; can't see the need.
The various modules on the vehicle monitor and control much more than emissions. There are still plenty of other systems that need a method for fault diagnostics and the OBD port provides that feature

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
My Clarity has the OBD-II port. I got a Sprint "Drive" module that connects to that, and I then found out that it does not work in the Clarity or LEAF. They did refund my money. The module gives you WiFi internet access via Sprint along with other things. I would have liked to have that. I also have a LEAF Spy module that plugs into that port.
Just FYI, the Mach-E has wifi from At&t. Not sure about cost of the plan though.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I spent some time fishing through the in-car owner manual. Not very impressed at this point. I hope it gets more attention. A lot of the topics are very light on details.

I wanted to know what to do when the 12V battery dies, but it simply says to bring the car to the dealer to have the battery replaced. I wanted a lot more details, for instance about how to use the front bumper wires to open the hood, how to access the battery, how to replace it, battery requirements, etc.

I did locate the maintenance schedule, so here you go:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scheduled Maintenance PXL_20201030_221831864

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scheduled Maintenance PXL_20201030_221834929

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scheduled Maintenance PXL_20201030_222028580.MP

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scheduled Maintenance PXL_20201030_222038564

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Change transmission fluid? I have never had an EV but I thought there wasn't a traditional transmission

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Change transmission fluid? I have never had an EV but I thought there wasn't a traditional transmission
There is what appears to be a transaxle case off the side of the drive motor, all packaged within the "integrated drive module" and mounted coaxially into the vehicle. The car has a single gear ratio per motor, and this gearing is what they're probably referring to as the transmission.

https://www.borgwarner.com/newsroom...tegrated-drive-module-for-ford-mustang-mach-e

Just for fun, the gearing inside a Chevy Bolt EV:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I spent some time fishing through the in-car owner manual. Not very impressed at this point. I hope it gets more attention. A lot of the topics are very light on details.

I wanted to know what to do when the 12V battery dies, but it simply says to bring the car to the dealer to have the battery replaced. I wanted a lot more details, for instance about how to use the front bumper wires to open the hood, how to access the battery, how to replace it, battery requirements, etc.

I did locate the maintenance schedule, so here you go:

Thanks for the details - Interesting it talks about checking spare tire as well :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yikes, I hadn't noticed that! I suppose there will be at least one customer who purchases a spare.
Aha - I was thinking not of a full size spare but a donut - but yes there is a possibility someones buys a full size spare and stores it at home or carries a donut in the trunk