Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
21 GTPE that has had the latest updates showed the service vehicle soon warning this afternoon as we left for home from work. It has 15k miles and has been trouble free. Shut it off to see if it would clear, but didn't. Called dealer and asked him to pull up what's going on, said something to do with headlights and something about an aiming module?? Set up a way too far out appointment, but when I got home after noticing a definite power reduction pulled up the FP on phone and it says "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power and another High-Voltage Battery warning which says the vehicle may shut down without further notice. I have read some posts about stuff like this, but can anyone tell me what is likely next.
Sponsored

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
21 GTPE that has had the latest updates showed the service vehicle soon warning this afternoon as we left for home from work. It has 15k miles and has been trouble free. Shut it off to see if it would clear, but didn't. Called dealer and asked him to pull up what's going on, said something to do with headlights and something about an aiming module?? Set up a way too far out appointment, but when I got home after noticing a definite power reduction pulled up the FP on phone and it says "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power and another High-Voltage Battery warning which says the vehicle may shut down without further notice. I have read some posts about stuff like this, but can anyone tell me what is likely next.
HVBJB - failed due to poor Ford engineering. Every GT is at risk. I wish you luck. 3 weeks into waiting for parts.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Please read this post to learn more about what is probably wrong with your car.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ers-biggest-fear-facts-and-info-thread.18143/

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
what’s next? take it to your dealer. You might want to try another dealer as the one you spoke with wasn’t accurate with you and perhaps doesn’t want to have to fix your car. You want to take care of this soon as your car may brick itself and strand you if you don’t. In that case you’ll have to get it towed.

it appears Ford is way backlogged on the part needed to fix your car and you’re looking at a potentially long wait.

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 x3 M40i , 2020 Tundra, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
2022 GT 13k miles same have same issue this weekend. Dealer said they dont even have appointments to diagnose until first week in october....

They also said that they dont see any open recalls because they think the OTA update was going to rectify this issue from happening, instead of making it "not catastrophic"

OP
OP

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
2022 GT 13k miles same have same issue this weekend. Dealer said they dont even have appointments to diagnose until first week in october....

They also said that they dont see any open recalls because they think the OTA update was going to rectify this issue from happening, instead of making it "not catastrophic"

My dealer also said they couldn't get me in till 9/28, told them that's great wait that long to diagnose and then 3 weeks or longer for the parts. With some persuasion from the salesman they found a spot tomorrow to diagnose. If it would happen to be something other than the box I don't imagine they'll have time to fix it anyway.

OP
OP

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
My dealer also said they couldn't get me in till 9/28, told them that's great wait that long to diagnose and then 3 weeks or longer for the parts. With some persuasion from the salesman they found a spot tomorrow to diagnose. If it would happen to be something other than the box I don't imagine they'll have time to fix it anyway.
They finally got it scanned yesterday and as expected it was the HVBJB, but when asked parts availability they said they were led to believe it might show up next week, believe that when I see it. Now the bad part, scheduled for the 28th but they said it is not scheduled for the time needed for this repair so not sure when this will get done. Can't believe these service departments are so booked up, maybe labor shortage or people running their vehicles longer???

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
They finally got it scanned yesterday and as expected it was the HVBJB, but when asked parts availability they said they were led to believe it might show up next week, believe that when I see it. Now the bad part, scheduled for the 28th but they said it is not scheduled for the time needed for this repair so not sure when this will get done. Can't believe these service departments are so booked up, maybe labor shortage or people running their vehicles longer???
do you have your part yet?
scheduled for install yet?

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
EV certified repair dealerships are pretty slim, and it seems like there are only one or two EV certified techs within those. It’s a big job, as you have to pull the main battery. My issue is that both of my local dealerships CLAIM to be EV certified, but Ford’s dealership locator doesn’t agree, and the closest ones for me are over an hour away which makes it all worrisome if it ever becomes my turn on this. (Knocks on wood.)

OP
OP

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
do you have your part yet?
scheduled for install yet?
Yes, they got the part in about a week and then they had to wait for parts for another job so they started on mine and got it done. I think the whole thing was some over 2-3 weeks so I was very satisfied. Not that it's really that great, but compared to some of the posts here I feel lucky.
Sponsored