Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Nice! I also ordered a shadow black GT! I'd also really love to hear how the standard/non-magnaride suspension and steering setup is. How does it handle twisty roads. Maybe you have some some curvy, rural farm roads nearby? ?
The handling is great feels well planted. Went thru some curves at 80. Handled great. First AWD. Used to rear wheel. A very solid feel. Turns well. I like the ride. Used to a sporty ride. I did not want a ride like the wife’s MKX. To be very frank I was concerned about my choice after reading all the negativity on the forums. It has only been a few hours, but it has exceeded my expectations.
Sponsored

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
The handling is great feels well planted. Went thru some curves at 80. Handled great. First AWD. Used to rear wheel. A very solid feel. Turns well. I like the ride. Used to a sporty ride. I did not want a ride like the wife’s MKX. To be very frank I was concerned about my choice after reading all the negativity on the forums. It has only been a few hours, but it has exceeded my expectations.
Awesome! That's what I like to hear. :cool:

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Just picked up my GT today and my first impression is that I am in love. I will post some pics next week after ceramic coating is complete. I chose Shadow Black since it matches my 1969 'vert. I wanted to change it several times, but glad I stayed with it. I was not sure about the wheels, but they look much better in person so I am happy with them for now. The seats and the cockpit are very comfortable. I was concerned that the screen was too big, but I think it is just right. Plenty of room to get to whatever you are looking for. Love the pano. Back seat room is generous. I have not activated PAAK. Saving that for later. Just want to enjoy the car for now.

As far as performance. It is very quick from the start. I took a colleague on a ride and her reaction to the takeoff was "this launches like a Cedar Point ride". For those of you who don't know Cedar Point is a large amusement park in Ohio. The comparison does seem apt to the Top Thrill Dragster coaster! Have not been on the highway to test acceleration at higher speeds. Maybe this weekend. I do not own a Dragy and don't go to the track. However, I am a car guy. I mentioned the '69 'vert. I have had 3 BMW include a Z4M. My last car was a G37 couple IPL which I thought was quick. MME blows it away. I have been to the BMW test facility in Spartanburg twice for their Performance Driving school. Drove lots of M cars while there. I write all of this not to brag, but in order to write that the MME matches or supasses my experience with other performace cars.. If there is an issue with acceleration at highway speeds I hope Ford can solve it.

I am far from a performance car expert, but my initial impression of my GT is that Ford did a great job! There may be opportunites for improvement in the performance times and I can understand the angst. However, I spend most of my time just enjoying my cars and the driving experience. The MME is a great driving eperience for me.
The GT is quick and I have one on order. But it won't a candle to a M3 or M5. It's a touch quicker to 60 then an M3 and way slower then an M5. After 60 and on a track the GT won't be in the same area code.

OP
OP
Cjpayne

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I love one pedal. So easy to use. we did not experience any of the uneasiness described by other forum members. We took the grand daughter thru Culver’s drive thrU No dine in. The line was very long. One pedal made snaking along so easy. You should have seen the look on the young lady’s face at the window when she went to hang our order number. She said “ you have no door handles”. It was priceless!

OP
OP
Cjpayne

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The GT is quick and I have one on order. But it won't a candle to a M3 or M5. It's a touch quicker to 60 then an M3 and way slower then an M5. After 60 and on a track the GT won't be in the same area code.
My observations were about the driving experience and not necessarily pure numbers. i am a BMW fan and the M cars are excellent. My GT is fun to drive and that is what is important to me.

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It's a touch quicker to 60 then an M3 and way slower then an M5. After 60 and on a track the GT won't be in the same area code.
Depending on the generation/config... Comparing to G82 xDrive M3/4, the GTs would also be slower from 0-60.

MicrobialAng

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Manager
Country flag
My Shadow Black GT is due for delivery sometime Oct 9-15 and this makes me so excited that I decided to go with black. She’s going to be my Black Widow (my husband rolls his eyes every time I say it - I’m a microbiologist with a Master’s Degree in Forensics).
Thanks for posting & I look forward to seeing more info to come!

A night pic before putting her away for the night.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Shadow Black GT - first impressions 08BABB16-3137-4FD1-B939-4A916A5746E1

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Haha, mofo coming in to OPs good time happy post to talk about MF M3s and M5s
??‍♂. It’s an EV. SUV. At least use an X3M or X5M as a comp. And then be so kind as to quote pricing when you’re finished.

Tim H

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ionic
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Beautiful in black! I just got my GT earlier this week. Mine is the cyber orange. It's beautiful, too. The car is just well designed and the paint looks fantastic regardless of color.

OP
OP
Cjpayne

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Beautiful in black! I just got my GT earlier this week. Mine is the cyber orange. It's beautiful, too. The car is just well designed and the paint looks fantastic regardless of color.
I looked at a two door Bronco in Cyber Orange yesterday when picking up my GT. I think it is a great color for the MME! Love the Bronco. I like the two door. Old school look.

OP
OP
Cjpayne

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Was on the interstate highway for about 7 miles today. Cruising at 70 I punched it to go around a car. When I looked down I was doing 85. Passing seems fine to me. Maybe not the same acceleration as at 0, but it is not as bad as some have described. I am a glass half full person. Life is much better when focusing on the positive. Still loving my GT.
Sponsored