Beesinspring

First Name
Lennox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Used to have a Mustang Convertible V8
Country flag
What are PPF and ceramic treatment? I am getting the black too, so I don't want it to look dirty and old. :)

Just test drove Mach E today, just a couple of hours ago - Standard RWD Premium model. Ordered a car in October, choosing Indefinite Blue color. Then switched to Rapid Red after seeing it twice during the Tour and comparing it with IB. Today I drove Shadow Black one and totally fell in love with it. I think I finally made peace with myself in my struggle to choose "the right" color :). To my taste, SB looks so classy and mean - all at the same time :), I feel that this color expresses my feeling for the way I want to feel about my Mach E .

I also understand the challenge to keep the car to look as beautiful and new as I saw it today - so, I definitely planning on applying PPF and ceramic treatment - otherwise it won't look classy and mean - it will look dirty and old... :)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
What are PPF and ceramic treatment? I am getting the black too, so I don't want it to look dirty and old. :)
PPF is Paint Protection Film. It's popular these days as a "clear bra" that's applied typically to the front of the vehicle to protect from rock chips and bug splatter.
Ceramic Coating is glorified wax, with a.bit more durability. That would go on the rest of the painted body.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
sunrise at clear creek station, 15miles up angeles crest highway just north of los angeles
Ford Mustang Mach-E SHADOW BLACK Mach-E Club 1A0730AA-C1E8-494D-96A1-8948DEBF312C

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
So glad I found this post. I knew when I put my reservation in that I wanted a black Mustang Mach-e. But after seeing that there was no advertisement with the shadow black and how few people have ordered it, I was a bit nervous. After reading this post, I feel much better about my decision. It arrived in BIRMINGHAM, MO yesterday so hopefully, it won't be much longer.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
So glad I found this post. I knew when I put my reservation in that I wanted a black Mustang Mach-e. But after seeing that there was no advertisement with the shadow black and how few people have ordered it, I was a bit nervous. After reading this post, I feel much better about my decision. It arrived in BIRMINGHAM, MO yesterday so hopefully, it won't be much longer.
Congrats in advance. That's the best color :) And welcome to the forum.
Sponsored