Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder how much extra battery they can put by taking out the back seats and making it a two-door coupe? I would think the Shelby is going to need it to for a day at the track.
It looked like there was some space still underneath the rear hatch area. Take out the space available for a spare tire (because for a track vehicle, just bring an electric F150 to tow you home lol).
Sponsored

Ninjak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 GT350, 16 Lariat F150, 65 K Code GT
Country flag
This has just gotten REAL ! REAL QUICK ! LOL !! Your looking at a AWD Shelby.........I would doubt if it would be anything else.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It looked like there was some space still underneath the rear hatch area. Take out the space available for a spare tire (because for a track vehicle, just bring an electric F150 to tow you home lol).
Adding more batteries is going to add quite a bit of weight which won't help much. Most gas powered cars will need filling up at the track if you want to spend the day there so you will probably find tracks adding DC chargers to cater to the EV.

To match the taycan for ability to keep pounding around the track it is going to take a bit more than some additional batteries and will probably require moving to a higher voltage.

As much as I would enjoy a track EV, a pure EV is going to have a hard time competing with a high performance hybrid still a least ford are making all the right noises about not treating it as a compliance vehicle.

GiddEup

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Boss 302 Acura NSX Corvette C7R
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mach-E Shelby coming please give us better performance and handling then the Tesla performance models.

Please give us Recaro seats Brembo brakes nice unique wheels and some bright Shelby colours. Yellow orange Green etc.

Don’t forget the Shelby performance exhaust audio noise with selectable choices inside and outside of the car and that will meet noise regulations in the selections and of course the standard stealth mode.

Waiting to see the electrified Ford E -150 ?pickup that Tesla plans to compete against.
So many shocking choices coming .

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Braking is as important to me, as acceleration....

falcon lover

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz A180
Occupation
Medical Doctor
Country flag
Ford will offer something for everyone with the new Mustang Mach E: a daily drive with medium autonomy base car, a large range autonomy and powerfull vehicle (AWD extended range batterie car), a powerful and decent autonomy GT and, now, a furious track ready, low range Shelby. What else can a Mustang fan dream of?

otto56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 GT500,2016 EcoBoost F150,2013 Fusion Hybrid,1994 F150 XLT.
Occupation
Printer
Country flag
Can someone explain to me why they didn't overhaul a model like the Edge? Something that has no racing heritage, virtually no performance model, instead of pissing off the most loyal brand/model customers you have? Edge EVX sounds way better than an infringement on an icon. Edge EVX might pull in a different kind of performance enthusiast to a newly revamped model line! Just sayin".

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
Can someone explain to me why they didn't overhaul a model like the Edge? Something that has no racing heritage, virtually no performance model, instead of pissing off the most loyal brand/model customers you have? Edge EVX sounds way better than an infringement on an icon. Edge EVX might pull in a different kind of performance enthusiast to a newly revamped model line! Just sayin".

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Because an Edge doesn't have the heart that this car will have. You seem to think this will be a lame, grocery getter (which is far from the truth). Also, this is a BRAND NEW vehicle, built from the ground up. Live in your #NOTMUHSTANG crowd, but we'll be enjoying blowing past 90% of mustangs out there while hauling our families and groceries.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon
Country flag
They may introduce regenerative braking with such a Shelby, as well as torque vectoring. Maybe even rear wheel steering.

If I'm being honest I would have thought the GT would come with torque vectoring.

ngiottz

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 Mach 1 (TT Coyote), 1995 Cobra, 2019 GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
GT Perfomance is supposed to have 459hp. Mustang GT has 460hp correct? So if Shelby GT has 750hp, Shelby Mach-E 749hp would make more sense no?
Shelby has 760hp, not 750hp.

ngiottz

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 Mach 1 (TT Coyote), 1995 Cobra, 2019 GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wow! If you need an excuse to to get an EV... this will be it.
Because of work, I need an EV with either a range far greater than this (or any other EV) offers, or recharge times and recharge locations comparable to refueling my Mustang. Hopefully, one day, they'll get there, because I'm tired of paying California prices for gas, for my daily.

otto56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 GT500,2016 EcoBoost F150,2013 Fusion Hybrid,1994 F150 XLT.
Occupation
Printer
Country flag
Not at all! I do not think it will be "a lame grocery getter." I think it will be a great new vehicle that I wouldn't mind owning, and feel free to blow by me. Just find another name to use to do it. Just because it has styling ques from the original pony car definitely doesn't make it deserving of the running horse brand. There are all kinds of faster,quicker,sleeker cars out there and I don't get upset when they "blow by me." Someone is always going to build one faster,quicker,sleeker AND more expensive. Mustang was fine where it was at. Find another way to market the electric,fast,high center of gravity,grocery getter! Maybe call it the Five Hundred E, or the Zepher E, Or better yet the Edsel E!

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Edge EVX just doesn't have the same presents as Mustang Mach E. When people here the Edge name the response is "Yea nice grocery getter" but Mustang makes people take notice and the response is "Performance car".
Sponsored