Should I Pull The Trigger?

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
So I have an IB Premium Mach E on order since early January (but still no build date). Ever since I found out about the Mach E I have really liked the Grabber Blue, but as it was only offered on the FEs (and GT, but I'm too impatient) I have resigned myself to IB. It is a very pretty color, but there's just something about Grabber Blue...

Anyway, I have found a customer-abandoned FE in MI in Grabber Blue. However, it's been on the lot 24 days and that seems like it might be a red flag. Am I just overthinking that? It only has 39 miles though, so it's not like it's been giving joy rides everyday. I also asked the salesman to snap a few photos and to confirm there are no issues, and it all looks good so far.

The dealer so far has been good to work with; they're taking X-Plan (which is kind of surprising given it's an abandoned reservation and they could tack on ADM like other dealers...) and they haven't had me jump through any hoops (yet).

The build date was 12/16/2020, which also kind of gives me pause. Are there any known issues tied to the build dates? I know, I know, there are risks as an early adopter, but I just want to make sure I'm going into this with eyes wide open and know what to expect.

Am I just overthinking all of this? Am I just trying to talk myself out of this? Any reason I shouldn't go ahead and pull the trigger and buy this FE???

EDIT: Also, for those of you that already have your Mach Es, ultimately is it worth it? Would you do it again?
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So I have an IB Premium Mach E on order since early January (but still no build date). Ever since I found out about the Mach E I have really liked the Grabber Blue, but as it was only offered on the FEs (and GT, but I'm too impatient) I have resigned myself to IB. It is a very pretty color, but there's just something about Grabber Blue...

Anyway, I have found a customer-abandoned FE in MI in Grabber Blue. However, it's been on the lot 24 days and that seems like it might be a red flag. Am I just overthinking that? It only has 39 miles though, so it's not like it's been giving joy rides everyday. I also asked the salesman to snap a few photos and to confirm there are no issues, and it all looks good so far.

The dealer so far has been good to work with; they're taking X-Plan (which is kind of surprising given it's an abandoned reservation and they could tack on ADM like other dealers...) and they haven't had me jump through any hoops (yet).

The build date was 12/16/2020, which also kind of gives me pause. Are there any known issues tied to the build dates? I know, I know, there are risks as an early adopter, but I just want to make sure I'm going into this with eyes wide open and know what to expect.

Am I just overthinking all of this? Am I just trying to talk myself out of this? Any reason I shouldn't go ahead and pull the trigger and buy this FE???

EDIT: Also, for those of you that already have your Mach Es, ultimately is it worth it? Would you do it again?
Take it! I got mine on Feb 9. Love it. Be prepared to learn a lot. Most of the "bugs" I have encountered are actually things I had not yet learned. The only real bug I have had was one time when I got a one pedal fault. Turned the car off and back on and all was good. If you drive it and like it and are willing to accept that there are a few things that still need to be worked out ( e.g., Phone as a Key), buy it! MIne is my third BEV and, by far, the best!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I would say absolutely go get it if it makes sense for you! Put a deposit on it right now and get it ASAP.

I did the same thing, except I had a GT reservation.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Take it.... I only read the headline :)

There is no reason not to, the MME is solid.

Any open issues will get resolved, majority of owners are super stoked with nothing but love and joy.

I can personally say FORD is standing by the MME, I am being taken care of like others who have had issues. There are things that most likely will not be addressed anytime soon.

One is the whine from center screen, this really depends on how sensitive one is, I can't hear it unless my ear is against the steering wheel or in dead silence.

Wind noise, that most likely will get addressed

Charging issues from different chargers or DCFC, that will get addressed by software.

12V charge issue, addressed by software

PAAK - It should work 100% of the time on all devices, one can hope but that might be a limitation of some things that need to be improved on. Using the FordPass App and not its own to me is a misstep.

Those are the open issues outside of mine which I have confirmed is environmental. My MME is getter interference and causing the "Service Soon Now", there is another member is this boat.

There are a few others who have issues but they localized to their MME, not widespread.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag

OMG - The only thing I can hope is that you won't respond to my post until much later today because you're on your way to get the FE GB of your dreams! I found (with my son's help) a FE carbonized grey - 400 mile from where I lived around 5pm on a Tuesday; called and set up the deal and drove the 400 miles there (and back again!) the next day. I had no history on the vehicle other than a deal had fallen through - so took the chance and have had the car for 4 weeks tomorrow. No issues. Car works great. I also figured Ford would take care of any issues that came up - but so far none other than the 21B02 software update which was done by my local dealer. I have also had the Ford Connected Charge Station installed before the stop sale by Ford. No issues and so far works great. Go get it.
Sponsored