Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’ll give it a 5% chance they are switching to the euro spec headlights. Most likely they’re screwing over the people they’ve made wait the longest.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’ll give it a 5% chance they are switching to the euro spec headlights. Most likely they’re screwing over the people they’ve made wait the longest.
Well, if this is a chip issue they may have no choice. If it’s a headlamp issue they have a choice as those are manufactured for them. But at some point a line needs to be drawn. Those headlights are iconic imo. I genuinely would reconsider the car without those.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Not sure what you mean about Euro spec headlights as mine have the tri-band DRL lighting. DRLs are a legal requirement in Europe. (And before anyone sounds off the UK IS still part of Europe even if we've left the EU) :rolleyes:

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Not sure what you mean about Euro spec headlights as mine have the tri-band DRL lighting. DRLs are a legal requirement in Europe. (And before anyone sounds off the UK IS still part of Europe even if we've left the EU) :rolleyes:
I think he’s referring to matrix LED headlights, which just became legal here in the US. That would actually be an upgrade.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think he’s referring to matrix LED headlights, which just became legal here in the US. That would actually be an upgrade.
The NTHSA has stated that the law allowing these headlamps will not result in brighter headlights. That is, we are still going to be stuck with the maximum lumen restrictions originally set in 1967.

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
That Lightning is getting similar decontenting as well. Platinum trim lost massaging seats and everything with a tow tech package looks like it is losing the onboard scales and smart hitch.

Either Ford realized the demand was so high they didn't need to protect these vehicles anymore and the supply cupboard is completely bare.
Same with ICE F150s, GM, Toyota among others also "adjusting options to save on chips!".

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Same with ICE F150s, GM, Toyota among others also "adjusting options to save on chips!".
Agreed that it is happening everywhere, but the Mach-e and the Lightning were supposed to be "protected" to have good launches and build Ford's EV brand.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Agreed that it is happening everywhere, but the Mach-e and the Lightning were supposed to be "protected" to have good launches and build Ford's EV brand.
I would have thought the same. Do everything in your power (which maybe they are, in fairness) to protect the products that define the future. Cut elsewhere in your legacy products.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Oh no this would be bad, but I guess would make my pony even rarer breed between that and the kick to open tailgate lol

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m expected MY23 to come with round sealed beams as standard, as part of a “throw-back design nod” 🙄

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Imagine matrix headlights that can project the ponies, now that would be an upgrade

Reactions: ARK

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The NTHSA has stated that the law allowing these headlamps will not result in brighter headlights. That is, we are still going to be stuck with the maximum lumen restrictions originally set in 1967.
We don’t need brighter headlights. We need headlights that turn for corners and actively reduce light thrown toward oncoming vehicles.

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
@Pioneer74 , notice it says "U553". U553 is Expedition.(you know, like P702 is F150) Alot of times in the order system, it automatically throws in lines of the order automatically that don't relate to that specific vehicle. I would just ignore that as it's an order line specific to Expedition, not Mach E. Plus, you have the left side cut off which probably says "Amended" because they were removed since they don't apply

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We don’t need brighter headlights. We need headlights that turn for corners and actively reduce light thrown toward oncoming vehicles.
Maybe so. But what we’re going to get isn’t the same as used in the EU with feast success.

Last edited:

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yeah, they not only look way better but they are much more effective. The headlights are the reason all versions didn't get a "Top Safety Pick" award from the IIHS. I love the headlights on my Mach E, I'd be pissed if they changed my order to the crappier ones. Here's the IIHS page showing the difference:
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/mustang-mach-e-4-door-suv/2021
I don’t think they could remove the projector style lights without causing blowback to their Top Safety Pick rating, because the Selects and Route 1s don’t get it. I for one ONLY will purchase cars with the highest rating in the headlight category from IIHS, so this one would be a huge importance to me personally.
Sponsored