Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Tempting... Until you see the sales tax. I'll stick with my sketchy towing since I don't do it much anyways. Can't wait for an electric Explorer or bronco for some real utility... And cargo space
Actually, Iā€™m betting that Navigator/Expedition will be the next to be electrified. Theyā€™re basically F150s

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
yea I remember those 1 dollar bills, worn up, dirty, ...
however the EU thinks on reducing cash as with Corona most people started to pay by card which I was already used to as living in the US for several years

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
yea I remember those 1 dollar bills, worn up, dirty, ...
however the EU thinks on reducing cash as with Corona most people started to pay by card which I was already used to as living in the US for several years
Yes, in the US, itā€™s really amazing how much cards and mobile payments are used. I rarely carry much cash with me anymore. I think Apple just accelerated the behavior when they introduced Apple Pay.

MarcCarno

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 68kWh RWD
Occupation
Enterprise Architect (IT)
Country flag
in Sweden you are looked at like a fool if you pay in cash, they almost don't have any cash anymore
Yes, pretty much the same in the U.K. although that may change given the current economic situation. I used actual cash for the first time in 3 years last month, once to pay a person to clear all the house guttering and another time to pay for our yearly ā€˜garden tidy-upā€™ before winter.

On both occasions the people concerned asked if Iā€™d mind paying cash instead of a quick bank transfer using my phone app. No, I didnā€™t ask them why butā€¦ šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yes, pretty much the same in the U.K. although that may change given the current economic situation. I used actual cash for the first time in 3 years last month, once to pay a person to clear all the house guttering and another time to pay for our yearly ā€˜garden tidy-upā€™ before winter.

On both occasions the people concerned asked if Iā€™d mind paying cash instead of a quick bank transfer using my phone app. No, I didnā€™t ask them why butā€¦ šŸ˜‰
Are people losing faith in the banking systems?

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
well, no, not loosing any confindence but cash is cash, don't know when you transfer the money at your bank and taking a day or two until it's on the account, and everything on my account could be check by the tax office