JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Funny you should ask that question? Ok I did in the title but you know you're all wondering.

Check out this post from the Focus Electric Forum:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32391#p32391

Hi Guys,

I make a promise to myself that once my 2014 FFE reach 100k miles, I'll make a post here and share some of my experience.

I took a photo of the odometer, but was too lazy to upload.
icon_e_biggrin.gif

With 100k miles, I notice a battery degrade of 6%. just purely from my experience of my car. In winter time, the guess-o-meter shows 55 to 60 miles with outside temp 46 degree, and 70 to 75 miles with outside temp 78 degree in summer time.

Other than recall, I also replaced shocks once, that's all for my repairs, but seems like the shocks are going bad again. Oh well, not brother to replace them since my commute is down from 100 miles per day to 10 miles now(yes, I moved closer to work).

As you may know of, the car will probably worth less than $4k with 100k miles, so my plan is to drive it till its life ends or the cost to repair is greater than $4k.
icon_lol.gif

I may need to change brake pad soon, haven't changed it for 100k miles because of the use of the re-generative braking system.

Had a good time commute with the car for 6 years, I hope I can drive it for another 5 years to make the purchase of this car really worth it. xD

I'll keep you guys posted how it goes, maybe it will break down within 5 years.

Cheers, and stay healthy!

K1TT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack
Occupation
Product Designer
Country flag
6% degradation of battery is pretty great, hopefully it's that or better for the Mach-E