So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice! I'm running FIOS with bonded 2.4 and 5.0 but no mesh. Both of our FIOS-supplied SSIDs have a hyphen. Once I get Marlin home I'll try this.
I get 4 bars standing beside the car outside and 2 bars in. This is what the car gets also 2 bars with the doors closed. Do you think the wifi antenna is inside the car and you have to shout at it to make a connection. Wondering if a weak connection is part of the cause for no connection.
With all of these issues
- I will not download the ford pass app and just use the key fob for now
- I will not connect to my home wifi.
- I will only charge at home on my JuiceBox 40 and charge to only 80% (whatever that range is)
- I will wait until all of these issues are resolved.
Picking up my Mach-e in a couple of weeks.
Is a juicebox able to be programed to only charge the car to 80% with no info from the car? I thought it can be time scheduled but will just pump it up to 100%. That is why I opted for dumb as I do not need a hydro meter and a time schedule only does half the job. If it only does half then it made no sense for me but maybe I misunderstood.
Nothing is ever really perfected. They patch, update, fix bugs, patch, update and then abandon and move to the new model or version and start the whole process over from scratch. Just the way it is I guess.
So you have upgraded your graphic cards before ;).
Anyone have a really loose gear selector? I haven’t taken delivery yet (tomorrow) but noticed how substantially loose and wobbly the gear dial is in comparison to the explorer I’m driving right now.
Nope maybe forced when it was locked?
im in NorCal. I have had zero issues. Not battery, not screen whine, not phone as key, nothing. Car has been perfect.
That makes our problems feel a whole lot less important knowing you are good ? .
I don't have any issues either, just can,t charge with 240 V.
Can't charge at 240V sounds like no problem at all ;).
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Add me to the ones that would prefer the shifter stops at park and drive. I see no purpose in allowing it to freewheel.
Because it shifts on its own when self parking. If it couldn't free wheel, the physical location of the shifter wouldn't align with the actual gear when doing those things.

PS71

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
Country flag
"While the buyers of some electric vehicles have had to accept certain flaws, Palmer says that this" isn’t acceptable for Ford. “The doors fit properly, the plastics and other materials color-match, the bumpers don’t fall off, the roof doesn’t come off when you wash it, the door handles don’t get stuck in cold weather. ...”

-Ford VP Darren Palmer

I think Ford realizes the Mach-E isn't the same as building ICE's cars they currently make. All you need to do is look to this forum to see the problems piling up. So many reviews talk about Ford's 100 year legacy in building automobiles and how it's Fords benefit. Yet this 100-year history will come back to bite them. Their dealership model is a disaster, as is the sales model. I can't imagine when a customer comes in with a Mach-E for service, and the mechanics have no idea about the technology because it's so new.

Ask VW about software problems and their delays with their electric cars.

With 3,000+ deliveries in February, and deliveries seemingly on hold. I really hope Ford can get this straightened out for their customers sake and the sake of EVs. After all, the more EVs on the road is better for everyone.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
With 3,000+ deliveries in February, and deliveries seemingly on hold. I really hope Ford can get this straightened out for their customers sake and the sake of EVs. After all, the more EVs on the road is better for everyone.
Even with Ford's problems they are handling it better than Tesla with a decade of experience of EV cars. Unlike reports about Tesla, so far it sounds like Ford is working with customers to resolve the issues, and that's the important part.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I am coming to the conclusion, that most of my problems with settings and sync 4 are due to the typically under powered computer and memory that seem to be an afterthought of most car manufacturers. The reason is cost. In the attempt to keep the costs down, they typically use the most basic passable hardware that they can get away with. It's just the way it is. If this and other similar cars had more capable computing hardware with better memory, it would simply run a lot smoother. I find it extremely laggy and cumbersome to operate, let alone multitask. It's just simply under powered for what it needs to be to run smoothly. Again, Ford is not alone in this, but it is a stupid skimp.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am coming to the conclusion, that most of my problems with settings and sync 4 are due to the typically under powered computer and memory that seem to be an afterthought of most car manufacturers. The reason is cost. In the attempt to keep the costs down, they typically use the most basic passable hardware that they can get away with. It's just the way it is. If this and other similar cars had more capable computing hardware with better memory, it would simply run a lot smoother. I find it extremely laggy and cumbersome to operate, let alone multitask. It's just simply under powered for what it needs to be to run smoothly. Again, Ford is not alone in this, but it is a stupid skimp.
The software issues have nothing to do with "cheap under powered hardware". The lagging connectivity issues for charging and the fordpass app are likely not due to the car's computer, either

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Because it shifts on its own when self parking. If it couldn't free wheel, the physical location of the shifter wouldn't align with the actual gear when doing those things.
I don't think there is a gear. It's electric

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't think there is a gear. It's electric
Yes, which is why there aren't hard stops as zack pointed out. During the auto parking the car electronically "shifts" from forward, to reverse, and then park. Since it can't actually move the physical knob it wouldn't work right if there were hard stops on the knob.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I can't imagine when a customer comes in with a Mach-E for service, and the mechanics have no idea about the technology because it's so new.
Oh you have no idea.... car has been at the dealership for 8 days now for this Door not closing issue plus getting some cosmetic issues fixed that were present upon delivery (they tried to drill the temp plate through the rear bumper rather than using the provided holes already there). No ETA on completion. Called today “well, this is a new car and it’s just going to take us time”

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
And technically the brake pedal also changes the acceleration of the vehicle. No need to be pedantic.
I don't think those two comparisons are similar in the slightest but alright

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
They are similar in that they are both being nitpicky about terms that are valid in ICE vehicles, and although similar functions are provided, technically not implemented the same on an EV so the term isn't accurate.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
They are similar in that they are both being nitpicky about terms that are valid in ICE vehicles, and although similar functions are provided, technically not implemented the same on an EV so the term isn't accurate.
ICE and EVs both have brakes. Only ICE have gears.

Anyways it's not a big deal.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

ICE and EVs both have brakes. Only ICE have gears.

Anyways it's not a big deal.
When he was saying "gear" he was referring to the mode such as "park", "reverse", "drive" - not explicitly transmission gears. So, while it is true that the car doesn't "shift" in the traditional sense when going from forward to backward the operative point is that the mode changes without the knob's position physically changing.

Oh, and in fact there are fixed reduction gears within the drive assembly

Last edited: