Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
I used Kanab, UT as a charging base station for trips out to Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Page, AZ on my long trip from Norcal. It was a great trip!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ocdxfv

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
I have to say, I am very pleased that the new MME charging curve lets the car continue charging at a reasonable rate after reaching 80%. One stop we left the charging station at 85% and another time we left with 90%. That makes the restroom/meal stop a little less stressful.

OP
OP
ocdxfv

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
Some people are luckier then others I guess. I made three trips all had some kind of charging drama that is getting old. I'm so happy for everyone else tho. Maybe I am taking bullets for the team.
We've actually experienced charging "drama" quite a few times since getting our first EV in 2013. Fortunately none of the drama has ended up being catastrophic. Our most memorable "drama" (although not related to DCQC) was driving home on a Sunday evening from a holiday weekend in the local mountains (Big Bear), getting stuck in traffic, and realizing that at our current pace, we would likely run out of power and freeze to death on the side of the road! We turned around, went back to town, plugged into a 120v outlet at a hotel, got enough charge to drive down the hill in the morning and found an Evgo station, where we got enough power to reach home in time to shower and get to work by 8am.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My drama was in El Centro from Scottsdale to San Diego in July and 116 deg. We thought we may be cooked to death.
Sponsored