Software bug: back seat passenger seatbelt alert

ordel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if you have someone in the back seat, who then unbuckles and departs the vehicle while in Park (but not "off"), the rear passenger seatbelt warning light remains illuminated until you actually turn off the vehicle. The car is not currently able to understand that when that person left the car, that person no longer required belting. Typical use case: dropping a kid off somewhere but then continuing on, without turning off the car...kind of annoying to see the red seatbelt warning when there's no one back there any more. Should be a simple software fix...
Sponsored

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if you have someone in the back seat, who then unbuckles and departs the vehicle while in Park (but not "off"), the rear passenger seatbelt warning light remains illuminated until you actually turn off the vehicle. The car is not currently able to understand that when that person left the car, that person no longer required belting. Typical use case: dropping a kid off somewhere but then continuing on, without turning off the car...kind of annoying to see the red seatbelt warning when there's no one back there any more. Should be a simple software fix...
I hope they fix this one quickly... should bring a prompt to override triggered by the door opening. This is the “drop off at school” use case.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yep. its annoying. It also seems very sensitive and will alert that the middle seat seatbelt isn't snapped when there is no one there. I think it picks up someone sitting on either side as also in the center.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Every morning in car line. "Before you get out buckle the empty belt."

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Or, when the popup comes up, you can just hit the "OK" button on the steering wheel and it goes away. Same for any of the prompts that come up.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yep. its annoying. It also seems very sensitive and will alert that the middle seat seatbelt isn't snapped when there is no one there. I think it picks up someone sitting on either side as also in the center.
I had that happen last weekend with passengers back there. They rested their hands on the center seat area and it set off the sensor. I had to ask them to buckle in the center seat belt to make the notice go away. :(

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I had that happen last weekend with passengers back there. They rested their hands on the center seat area and it set off the sensor. I had to ask them to buckle in the center seat belt to make the notice go away. :(
Just hit the OK on the steering wheel and it goes away. Same for any popup message on there.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yeah just hit the ok button guys and it goes away. Same with all other new fords that have this feature.
Sponsored