theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Ford should do what pretty much every other software-based system in the world does - allow customers to see the version(s) of software they have installed, the versions that have been released, and perform updates. The current system is a mess that confuses and annoys everyone and wastes all of our time.
Sponsored

hev71

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05'F-350, 85' mustang, 17' Lincoln
Country flag
Why won't my '21 update? It's been trying to update 6.4.0 everyday for 3 months and fails everytime. I change the times, the places, and do it manually and nothing seems to change. Tired of seeing the message multiple times a day!

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Why won't my '21 update? It's been trying to update 6.4.0 everyday for 3 months and fails everytime. I change the times, the places, and do it manually and nothing seems to change. Tired of seeing the message multiple times a day!
Check your 12V SOC.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Is this still rolling or was it paused due to bad software.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The question is whether it's rolling forward or backwards.
The answer is yes.
Is this still rolling or was it paused due to bad software.
Originally it was paused due to issues discovered when some of the updates were pushed to a wider vehicle audience. Currently, some of the -PU updates we’ve received included some items found in the older numbered updates. The process isn’t simple as the current architecture requires updates be done by or in conjunction with the module manufacturers. That means a lot of back and forth and testing and retesting.

When will it be done? Soon would be nice since summer driving season is almost here, but honestly don’t have a clue.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The answer is yes.

Originally it was paused due to issues discovered when some of the updates were pushed to a wider vehicle audience. Currently, some of the -PU updates we’ve received included some items found in the older numbered updates. The process isn’t simple as the current architecture requires updates be done by or in conjunction with the module manufacturers. That means a lot of back and forth and testing and retesting.

When will it be done? Soon would be nice since summer driving season is almost here, but honestly don’t have a clue.
That might make sense for many updates, but isn't 6.14 only a sync 4 update? I hadn't heard any issues related to this update, not sure what the holdup is on this one.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That might make sense for many updates, but isn't 6.14 only a sync 4 update? I hadn't heard any issues related to this update, not sure what the holdup is on this one.
I could tell you but then I’d have to remove the ponies from your car.

Seriously, I vaguely recall a few issues with it though I no longer recall just what — and I could be confusing it with PowerUp 6.66 or something. In any event, the fact that it hasn’t seemed to have been let loose of late leads me to believe either it has an issue or a prior required update has an issue that hasn’t been resolved yet.

Last edited:

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Ford Motor Company started this thread over a month ago so if it has been slowed or paused, it would be their responsibility to update this thread with new info pertaining to the information they released. Of course there's a pattern, they release information and fail to provide updates when things change, i.e. Bluecruise.

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I see both sides here, if they are slow or not doing updates great communicate it, also give us the data we want in the app or support 3rd party like this..https://www.tezlabapp.com/

1 yr left on my lease Ford is not on the list when it comes to getting a new one or buying the existing vehicle.

chesteroberto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I just received 6.14 OTA yesterday afternoon, so if Ford paused the rollout, it's rolling again.

Duncs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2022
Country flag
I know we talked about this before, and as indicated above, you gave me the hard time lol, but I just wanna show you what my screen looks like right now. I don’t really care if I get an update anymore I’m just wanting to find out do other peoples screens under update look like this where it says not completed and they talked about 6.2 we’ve been busy lol? I do remember about two days before this spring. I saw something say downloading and then after that, this is all I saw sense. And I just included the bottom of the screen basically what I think I already have.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Update 6.14 Rolling Out to Mustang Mach-E 12c14449fba8d9a9bd3c2329b7472795

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Update 6.14 Rolling Out to Mustang Mach-E 12c14449fba8d9a9bd3c2329b7472795
Did you figure out how to complete this update?

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you figure out how to complete this update?
No just trying to drive it for more than a half hour make sure it’s connected to Wi-Fi doing everything I can.
Sponsored