Software update - what does this mean?

Applecross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, SR RWD
Country flag
Does anyone have any ideas what is included in this update?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software update - what does this mean? 1637169012289
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Since it doesn't have any number shown, no.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Well the wording on that doesn't match any of the previous OTA updates we've had, maybe they created a combined package for the later production runs to bring them up to where most of us are (hovering around Power-Up 1.6.0 and patiently waiting for 1.7.1) ?

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Does anyone have any ideas what is included in this update?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software update - what does this mean? 1637169012289
I've gotten all the power up updates so far, with the exception of the latest 1.7.0. But last week I did receive an unamed update just like you've shown, and I assume this means some modules or software packages are being updated with pre-requisite dependencies prior to receiving the latest 1.7.0 power up.

One thing I also noticed was that in the 2 or 3 days leading up to that update, I had a number of instances of my center screen showing up black or extremely dim. A sync reset would resolve the issue, but on subsequent drives I would see it again. I've read numerous reports of this happening to others in the midst of incremental updates leading up to the latest power up. I can also say that after finally receiving notice of the unamed update my center display never went dark again, and actually sync feels snappier. The hardware screen brightness buttons also seem to control brightness on both displays, whereas previously I believe it only controlled the brightness for the small instrument cluster display brightness (correct me if I'm wrong here).

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
I believe the un-named OTA was an update purely to enable other OTA updates. (Sounds counter intuitive)
1.4.0 was the TCU update
1.6.0 was the GWM update
1.7.1 was the APIM update

and 1.8.0 which will be coming is an IPC update.

Blade

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD Extended
Country flag
Yes I got that update too.
Ive had my car 2 weeks now and this is the first update Ive had.

m4tty_j

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
I believe the un-named OTA was an update purely to enable other OTA updates. (Sounds counter intuitive)
1.4.0 was the TCU update
1.6.0 was the GWM update
1.7.1 was the APIM update

and 1.8.0 which will be coming is an IPC update.
I think you are right. Ive had my car since august. Not a single update. I received this unnamed update a couple of weeks ago, and since then I've had PowerUp 1.4 and then a few days later 1.6, in quite quick succession

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1.9.5.2 will be truly amazing...

Steve1967

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Standard range AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've gotten all the power up updates so far, with the exception of the latest 1.7.0. But last week I did receive an unamed update just like you've shown, and I assume this means some modules or software packages are being updated with pre-requisite dependencies prior to receiving the latest 1.7.0 power up.

One thing I also noticed was that in the 2 or 3 days leading up to that update, I had a number of instances of my center screen showing up black or extremely dim. A sync reset would resolve the issue, but on subsequent drives I would see it again. I've read numerous reports of this happening to others in the midst of incremental updates leading up to the latest power up. I can also say that after finally receiving notice of the unamed update my center display never went dark again, and actually sync feels snappier. The hardware screen brightness buttons also seem to control brightness on both displays, whereas previously I believe it only controlled the brightness for the small instrument cluster display brightness (correct me if I'm wrong here).
I alsoexperienced a strange screen yesterday a few times, but my screen looked like it was raining, lots of white marks moving down the screen. a sync reset got rid of it but came back when starting the car again. Today i recieved an update!!! (up date was for the ford pass app deep sleep problem)
Sponsored