OP
OP

Thunderbirdsoundsbetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME P ER
Country flag
Maybe you were joking about the speeds you are driving, but 340+ miles of range is very, very hard to achieve consistently. The EPA range for your car is 270 miles, right? Why do you think you can do better than that? Are you driving like grandma, and even slower than the EPA test cycle? Not likely. Some people do drive like that, but most people don't. Most people drive harder than the EPA cycle. For most people, even getting 270 miles of range in the summer is going to be hard. So why do you think you were getting 340+?

Here is real world test in your car: https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ge-test-at-70-mph-true-to-epa-highway-results

They got 219 miles of range on the highway, driving like a normal person. Actually, driving slower than most people I see on the highway. So why do you think you were getting 340+? This is baffling me.

Please read the article and then explain why you think you can do 100+ miles of range more than what they were getting.
No reason to lie about it. My round trip for work is around 140 miles. I did that twice a day and come back home with around 20% left. That’s everyday. My average speed was 70-80 everyday. There’s some stretches that I knew there were no cops that I could do 113 for about 4 miles or so
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I leave it outside but was always plugged in as I always needed a 100% for the day.
Set departure times in the winter so the car can precondition using your AC connection. Then the battery and cabin will be warm before you leave, and your range will be better.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No reason to lie about it. My round trip for work is around 140 miles. I did that twice a day and come back home with around 20% left. That’s everyday. My average speed was 70-80 everyday. There’s some stretches that I knew there were no cops that I could do 113 for about 4 miles or so
Then you were NOT getting 340+ miles of range. Impossible driving like that. You are lucky to get 219 miles of range, which is what they got in the article I posted. Your car is behaving normally, and your range has not decreased that much in the winter. It is your driving style, not the car.

OP
OP

Thunderbirdsoundsbetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME P ER
Country flag
IMO, which is not worth much, $49.5K for a Premium ER AWD is low. While I have lower mileage, it's not a huge hit. I expect to complete selling mine before month end, and expect to get over $60K for it.
Glws!

I did a quick search on auto trader and found over 50 premiums that are under 60k. Some with 2k miles on them. So based on that I hope you get your price.

OP
OP

Thunderbirdsoundsbetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME P ER
Country flag
Then you were NOT getting 340+ miles of range. Impossible driving like that. You are lucky to get 219 miles of range, which is what they got in the article I posted. Your car is behaving normally, and your range has not decreased that much in the winter. It is your driving style, not the car.
Uh? I did 140 miles TWICE a day. Actual miles. Come back home with 20% left and that equals 219? Ok.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uh? I did 140 miles TWICE a day. Actual miles. Come back home with 20% left and that equals 219? Ok.
The car is physically incapable of driving 340 miles at 80 mph on one charge. Impossible. If it did, it was magic fairy dust that has been used up. Your car is never going to go more than 220-240 miles at 80 mph unless you are going down a mountain. Coming back up it will be worse, of course.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Glws!

I did a quick search on auto trader and found over 50 premiums that are under 60k. Some with 2k miles on them. So based on that I hope you get your price.
I already have a dealer offer to come get it from 5 hours away that's over $60. I di d my research on Autotrader and Cars.com

I'm pushing the private sale with my 0.9% financing that I can transfer from Ford Credit (they approve the person, person pays a $75 fee, then done).

My loan has $590 in interest left on it. If I was to ask say $64,000, with interest it would be $64,590. $44,500 of that would be 0.9% for 37 more months.

If you paid say $61,000 and financed at 3.25% for 4 years, you'd pay a total of $65,133.34 with interest. In other words, $543.34 more than mine at $64,000. So, I can sell it to someone for less than that, they save money in total, I make more money in total.

I was at a local EV meet yesterday where people could look at and drive cars (not driving mine). I had a continuous stream of people, barely could eat my pizza. I gave out my contact information to probably a dozen interested people. One couple was very interested. The 0.9% financing is a huge draw. I am very glad I did NOT take Ford Options on either the 2021 or the 2022 (which I got 0.9% on also because I ordered it in May 2021.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So thunderbird what Lightning do you have on order?

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
just got the car back from the windshield recall about a week ago and today I sold it and am currently waiting for pickup.

I put 37k miles on this in a year. Had my ups and downs with this car. I got stranded once because of the two modules failing. My wife rolled her eyes many times because of this. Out of the year ownership, it’s been at the dealer for four months because of recalls and the breakdown.

dealer experience was a hit or a miss. No one knew anything about the car or any process. I don’t think they really cared much as they were more focused on the ice vehicles. They also weren’t trained for an electric vehicle.

pros
-I have an Audi etron and had a vw id4. But honestly I believe the Mach e drove the best when it worked. It is plenty fast and capable, smooth and comfortable. The Audi feels more like a regular car, the vw feels like it’s geared for kids.
-seats got better with time.
-regen is bonkers. I never used 1 pedal. The car stops on regen alone. In the other cars it barely regens. I rarely used the friction brakes.
-looks best out of the other evs on the market.
-maintenance is cheap.
-with seats folded you can fit a lot of stuff.
-heated steering and seats are great as they actually really heat up high
-back wiper is a joke.

cons
-turn radius is not good
-paak sucks. Doesn’t work half the time for me.
-1/4 of the time of ownership was stuck at the dealer.
-no off button for hvac on main screen.
-screen lag
-charge ports opens by itself on the highway. happened a couple of times.
-opening the frunk is a hassle.
-seal for frunk is not good as there is massive amounts of dirt and pollen.
-the swipe to open the trunk never works unless I put half my leg in to do a leg sweep.
-camera lags
-decals fall apart after one car wash.
-scratch magnet.
-steering is really heavy. Doesn’t feel like it has any power steering.
-range is horrible in the winter time. I got 160-180 miles at 100%.
-current range I’m getting is 248 at 100%. It’s about 75-90 degrees for the last couple weeks. I don’t know how I started with 320-340 at 100% when I got the car last may.
-door handle/button needs a revamp. Needs to work 100% of the time.
-stupid auto brake system works only during stop and go traffic for me. It’s soooo annoying. I also don’t like the fact that you have to wait til the car comes to a complete stop to make it move again.
-the small screens shuts off during a drive multiple times. There needs to be a alternate odometer on the main screen just in case so you can at least see how fast you are going like in a Tesla. I took it to the dealer many times because of this with videos and when it was still turned off, but they didn’t do anything as they keep saying no codes so just wait for it to reset.

Even with the many cons, the car is great if it works. I hope the dealer experience gets better soon or a lot of people will get turned off real quick.

hope everyone enjoys their car! This community has been great! A lot of info on here. Thank you all for everything.
Your cons list fits me almost to the letter except it being in the shop that long. Mine is that my MME being refused to be worked on by my local dealership since it’s an EV. On 6/17 I pick up my EV6…

Christina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Country flag
I've had my ME for one year now. I have experienced about 2/3 of the cons. I have always driven a Toyota, my last vehicle was a Highlander Hybrid I had for 14 years. There weren't any quirks, and none of my earlier vehicles had quirks. I have to guess it's the electric part that causes most of these but honestly it is crazy how many cons there are, comparitively. I'm keeping it, but sometimes wonder if I should have waited a couple of more years.
Sponsored