RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have someone who is requesting access to my car in Fordpass now. They requested yesterday and I declined, and now they have requested twice today. I guess all it takes is the VIN to request that correct?

I think I am going to not decline this latest request, and just delete the request instead, so it remains in limbo. Does anyone else have a stranger requesting access?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Someone requesting Fordpass access Screenshot_20210324-133614

Fordpass team feature request: It would be nice to be able to "freeze" or "own" a vehicle or something in a way that people can no longer request access to a VIN, sort of like you can freeze your credit report. Then if I wanted to add Fordpass access to another vehicle I could do so from the owner's Fordpass app, but any car could only be owned by one person. I'm not sure of the details here, but I get a feeling this could almost become a trolling situation, where people just start trying VINs to mess with people.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if someone is just typing their VIN wrong by one character or something

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I wonder if someone is just typing their VIN wrong by one character or something
The check digit would likely change, though, so just incrementing numbers won't necessarily find a valid VIN, even if the Body Code and PT were the same.

Consider a hypothetical VIN #1 and VIN #2 as both Premium AWD ER.

3FMTK3SU_MMA00001 -> check digit is 1 -> 3FMTK3SU1MMA0001
3FMTK3SU_MMA00002 -> check digit is 3 -> 3FMTK3SU3MMA0002

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I can't find it now but there is a limit (saw it somewhere). If you decline the request more than the limit (I think its 3) then that requester is locked out.

OP
OP
RVAtom

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I can't find it now but there is a limit (saw it somewhere). If you decline the request more than the limit (I think its 3) then that requester is locked out.
Good to know. I'm not surprised there is some built in safety from the developers.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Good to know. I'm not surprised there is some built in safety from the developers.
Glad to see you got your car though!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I have someone who is requesting access to my car in Fordpass now. They requested yesterday and I declined, and now they have requested twice today. I guess all it takes is the VIN to request that correct?

I think I am going to not decline this latest request, and just delete the request instead, so it remains in limbo. Does anyone else have a stranger requesting access?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Someone requesting Fordpass access Screenshot_20210324-133614

Fordpass team feature request: It would be nice to be able to "freeze" or "own" a vehicle or something in a way that people can no longer request access to a VIN, sort of like you can freeze your credit report. Then if I wanted to add Fordpass access to another vehicle I could do so from the owner's Fordpass app, but any car could only be owned by one person. I'm not sure of the details here, but I get a feeling this could almost become a trolling situation, where people just start trying VINs to mess with people.
I'm actually somewhat curious -- when I take delivery of the car, how do I know that there aren't some other users with access to it somewhere else along the way out there? Is it possible to remove all other users from the car's account? Some sort of master reset?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

oh sorry that was me trying every possible VIN randomly to see what would happen.

(this is absolutely not true)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Some sort of master reset?
Yes. In fact, there is a master reset. I'd go out to my car and find the exact location for that setting or even post the menus for removing profiles etc ... but it would seem my car is enjoying the wonderful nightlife in the High Desert town of Needles California.

But really there is a master reset, though that's not likely exactly what you want to do, cause it resets everything.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
First thing upon taking delivery...go into sync and Master Reset. Dealership was trying to show me how to set up the app and I wanted to go to the car first and master reset it first.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The VIN is visible through the from lower left of the vehicle windshield. That is federal law in the USA. Could be someone walking up to the car looking at the VIN on the dash and trying to connect to it to steal it. Would not be the first time it has happened. Don't accept unless YOU invited them!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just had someone randomly request access to my FordPass today, sorry Nicholas, today isn’t your day.
Someone wanted "in" to my Microsoft account today. The Authenticator app made it trivial to (A) know about it and (B) deny the request.

People can be dumb and/or hostile. It sure feels good when the friendly tech guys help us fight back. :)
Sponsored