First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Someone also posted in that thread they were told it wasn’t even officially rolled out yet. Also the poll shows that as well since majority don’t have it. So hopefully by end of year!
I don't expect that most of us will bother to change our initial poll responses.

It is officially out though. My car installed Power-Up 1.7.1 on Monday afternoon and it's also available for dealers to download and install it.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I don't expect that most of us will bother to change our initial poll responses.

It is officially out though. My car installed Power-Up 1.7.1 on Monday afternoon and it's also available for dealers to download and install it.
Do you have a pretty early build? Wondering when I should be concerned if I don’t get the OTA by a certain point.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Do you have a pretty early build? Wondering when I should be concerned if I don’t get the OTA by a certain point.
I'm not sure that build date matters. My vehicle started assembly week of December 7, slipped to week of December 14, and completed in mid January or so. I received it early March.

A friend of mine ordered the same car from the same dealer... Just a different seat color and larger battery. His reservation was weeks to a month or so later than mine, and his vehicle production was similarly pushed to the right... He got his vehicle in mid or late April, IIRC.

Anyway, for ALL of the updates that we've received so far, when he notifies me that his vehicle updated, I have noticed that mine follows shortly after (2-10 hours after his).

So there seems to be a release schedule and I do not know how it was determined, but they've seemingly stuck to it so far.

Also as @hybrid2bev pointed out in the post I linked, he is the canary for public OTA pushes. He plus maybe one or two other forum members always seem to be the very first ones to announce that their vehicles received an OTA update. My vehicle updates about 10-17 days after his.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure that build date matters. My vehicle started assembly week of December 7, slipped to week of December 14, and completed in mid January or so. I received it early March.

A friend of mine ordered the same car from the same dealer... Just a different seat color and larger battery. His reservation was weeks to a month or so later than mine, and his vehicle production was similarly pushed to the right... He got his vehicle in mid or late April, IIRC.

Anyway, for ALL of the updates that we've received so far, when he notifies me that his vehicle updated, I have noticed that mine follows shortly after (2-10 hours after his).

So there seems to be a release schedule and I do not know how it was determined, but they've seemingly stuck to it so far.

Also as @hybrid2bev pointed out in the post I linked, he is the canary for public OTA pushes. He plus maybe one or two other forum members always seem to be the very first ones to announce that their vehicles received an OTA update. My vehicle updates about 10-17 days after his.
Do you have scheduled updates turned on? Do they come when you are plugged in? Just wondering what I gotta do or if I’m just SOL on OTA updates

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Do you have scheduled updates turned on? Do they come when you are plugged in? Just wondering what I gotta do or if I’m just SOL on OTA updates
I have it set to Automatic with no schedule defined. This is the default setting.

I know that @Jimrpa has/had Manual updates enabled and he was able to see a notification when an update arrived and he was able to approve it when he wanted to... But I have just left mine on automatic.

Seems like most of my updates are happening while I'm out and about... Probably while I'm driving. The only place my vehicle might wifi connect is in my garage, but I'm more likely to notice updates happening before I get home from work.

There have been people on the forum offering to lookup others' VINs to share with them whatever it is they can see in the Ford diagnostics system. You could BOLO for one of those offers?

Or take it to the dealer and they can check, especially if you have a specific concern that you suspect an update will address.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have it set to Automatic with no schedule defined. This is the default setting.

I know that @Jimrpa has/had Manual updates enabled and he was able to see a notification when an update arrived and he was able to approve it when he wanted to... But I have just left mine on automatic.

Seems like most of my updates are happening while I'm out and about... Probably while I'm driving. The only place my vehicle might wifi connect is in my garage, but I'm more likely to notice updates happening before I get home from work.

There have been people on the forum offering to lookup others' VINs to share with them whatever it is they can see in the Ford diagnostics system. You could BOLO for one of those offers?

Or take it to the dealer and they can check, especially if you have a specific concern that you suspect an update will address.
Yeah @Mach-Lee has looked up my VIN and says there hasn’t been an OTA sent yet, (mine is July 21 build so fairly recent). I’d rather not resort to dealer as the whole promise of this system was we’d get updates OTA. Also I just risk the dealer messing something else up, I’m not very trustworthy right now. There are some definite bugs I’d like to be fixed but I’m willing to wait and see I guess. I just don’t understand why some would get them and some would not, sigh.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah @Mach-Lee has looked up my VIN and says there hasn’t been an OTA sent yet, (mine is July 21 build so fairly recent). I’d rather not resort to dealer as the whole promise of this system was we’d get updates OTA. Also I just risk the dealer messing something else up, I’m not very trustworthy right now. There are some definite bugs I’d like to be fixed but I’m willing to wait and see I guess. I just don’t understand why some would get them and some would not, sigh.
Well in your specific case, since the build is very recent it already has most updates. In fact there are several modules on mine that are way out of date because Ford hasn't delivered them OTA yet. It's okay because these are just minor issues for me right now.

I'm not going to be a "seeker" with my highway road warrior unlike how I treat my Windows laptop... I'll wait for Ford to bring my vehicle into alignment with yours and other newer ones when they feel it's safe and appropriate to do so.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well in your specific case, since the build is very recent it already has most updates. In fact there are several modules on mine that are way out of date because Ford hasn't delivered them OTA yet. It's okay because these are just minor issues for me right now.

I'm not going to be a "seeker" with my highway road warrior unlike how I treat my Windows laptop... I'll wait for Ford to bring my vehicle into alignment with yours and other newer ones when they feel it's safe and appropriate to do so.
Yeah, I guess the front facing software bugs are the most evident and that’s why I’m antsy. I also don’t have Securialert yet, not that I think it’s useful, just I thought that would mean I’m at least up to date if I had that, but I guess I could be thinking about it in the wrong way. It’s just very ambiguous since we don’t get a way to check build numbers and I guess there’s so many modules and different versions everywhere, it would be kind of meaningless to compare?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah, I guess the front facing software bugs are the most evident and that’s why I’m antsy. I also don’t have Securialert yet, not that I think it’s useful, just I thought that would mean I’m at least up to date if I had that, but I guess I could be thinking about it in the wrong way. It’s just very ambiguous since we don’t get a way to check build numbers and I guess there’s so many modules and different versions everywhere, it would be kind of meaningless to compare?
Haha, yeah all understandable. I'm antsy with all the bugs, too. ;)

Everyone on the forum, myself included, have been learning so much about modern vehicles. I've never invested myself in learning this much about any prior vehicle I owned.

It's amazing how many processing modules (of all kinds, CPUs, FPGAs, SoCs, etc) that our vehicles have, along with mixed modes of networking and even connections to a variety of outboard/cloud services. It's a very mobile and complex System of Systems, and I can see why Ford sees the need to try and delicately orchestrate.

But I'm guessing it also means we're going to see our vehicles' feature sets stabilize s-l-o-w-l-y. Like probably not for 3-5 years, assuming Ford keeps the teams, subcontractors, and partners running at the same clip. ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

I switched to automatic because the update process didn’t seem to be reliable. I think I might be stuck in a partial 1.7.1 now. I appear to have the latest Sync version (with Notepad, etc, but no non-functional front trunk control on the screen), but System Update only says “Your system is up-to-date”, not PowerUp 1.7.1

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
So I just picked up my GT 2 days ago and my app on my phone does not show all the other options like opening the frunk. How do I update the app since all I have is a button to honk the horn and turn on the lights?

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Who knows at this point. I had the BCM updated for another SSM and had the frunk button show up only for it to be taken away. Still waiting on 1.7 to fix my many CarPlay reliability issues, but not holding my breath. @Ford Motor Company hasn’t decided I’m worthy of OTA updates.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Who knows at this point. I had the BCM updated for another SSM and had the frunk button show up only for it to be taken away. Still waiting on 1.7 to fix my many CarPlay reliability issues, but not holding my breath. @Ford Motor Company hasn’t decided I’m worthy of OTA updates.
Just seems like they are still making up their minds. I’d just like a bit more communication and not just “talk to your dealer”. Sorry Jan, but my dealer doesn’t even know this car is a Mustang.

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Just seems like they are still making up their minds. I’d just like a bit more communication and not just “talk to your dealer”. Sorry Jan, but my dealer doesn’t even know this car is a Mustang.
My dealer offered me 10% off on an oil change and ghosted me when I ordered another fob.
Sponsored