MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I’ve received this message a total of 23 times since getting the car, always between 1-3 days apart. The car has now gone 8 days without this error appearing! My car did an OTA software update a week ago...that appears to have fixed this issue. Or else the software update just turned off minor notifications like this one. ?

Last error message: 7:15AM 4/6
OTA update: the night of 4/7
Sponsored

mm5756

First Name
Maz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Country flag
Anyone have an update on this that has gone into the dealer?

OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
Anyone have an update on this that has gone into the dealer?
I haven’t been to the dealer since buying the car, but I haven’t received that error message a single time since that OTA update mentioned earlier in this thread.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
I have had this message since my last disastrous visit to dealer for PaaK update when they briefly bricked the car.

I'm just going to wait till the 10,000 mile service which is coming up for me in 2-3 weeks.

Different dealer this time...

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I got this message this morning for the first time. Back in march i got the 21p22 update with my recall work and ever since then ive been getting a the 12v message every now and then(only in the car not the app). Then today I got the electrical drain message in the car and app). I have no aftermarket items attached to the car. I did notice the USB under the main screen stay lit after turning the car off. Is that normal?

GETCARTERR

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Ford Mach-E Premium Awd Long Range
Country flag
Any update regarding this? My 2022 popped up this morning with the exact same message.

Stoy333

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I have had this message since my last disastrous visit to dealer for PaaK update when they briefly bricked the car.

I'm just going to wait till the 10,000 mile service which is coming up for me in 2-3 weeks.

Different dealer this time...
When you say bricked your car, do you mean it stopped working?
Last week I took my 21 in for the 20k mile tune up. I called the dealer because I never heard back from them and they said the car stopped working when they tried updating it. About a half hour later they called and said it was working fine now…a day later I realized they severely under inflated my tires, so I took it back and they had to do more than inflate my tires. Two days ago/morning after picking up my car for the 2nd time, I got the “ev battery drain” notification on my phone and in car. I figured the dealership did something to mess my car up.
it sounds like you may have experienced something similar. My car is still at the dealer and they said they can’t replicate the ev Drain message, and everything else in my car is working fine/normal.
what was the solution for your car? Was there actually anything wrong with it? What did the dealer do to Brick your car?
Thanks a bunch!!!

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
what was the solution for your car? Was there actually anything wrong with it? What did the dealer do to Brick your car?
Thanks a bunch!!!
So its been a while. The solution for me was to abandon PaaK and get a couple of extra key fobs that they programmed for me. When they bricked it during a module update, it disabled everything and turned on flashers and the horn. It went for a couple of hours till they finally figured out how to kill it. My mistake was going to a closer dealer who really was not into selling EV. I now go to a dealer 25 miles away who had sold over 300 Mach-E by this summer. So he has a few dedicated folks working on the Mach-E. Never had an issue since. Been through recall, updates, HVBJB replacement etc.

I have never tried to make PaaK work though I suspect the software is still not fixed.

Stoy333

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
So its been a while. The solution for me was to abandon PaaK and get a couple of extra key fobs that they programmed for me. When they bricked it during a module update, it disabled everything and turned on flashers and the horn. It went for a couple of hours till they finally figured out how to kill it. My mistake was going to a closer dealer who really was not into selling EV. I now go to a dealer 25 miles away who had sold over 300 Mach-E by this summer. So he has a few dedicated folks working on the Mach-E. Never had an issue since. Been through recall, updates, HVBJB replacement etc.

I have never tried to make PaaK work though I suspect the software is still not fixed.
That’s great info I really appreciate it.
I think a mistake I did was taking it to the ford dealer around the corner instead of taking it to somewhere who deals with Mach es regularly. If it happened again I would go elsewhere!
Sponsored