Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
SSM 50739 - 2020-2021 Various Vehicles - Audio Inoperative - No Sound From Audio Speakers -No Communication With ACM Or DSP - DTC U1084, U0237 And/Or U0238

Some 2020-2021 Escape vehicles and 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E/Expedition/Explorer vehicles built on or before 22-Nov-2021 may exhibit a concern of the audio inoperative, no sound from audio speakers, chimes default to coming through the Instrument cluster, no communication with audio control module (ACM) or digital signal processor (DSP) module, and/or DTC U1084, U0237 and/or U0238. This may be due to the software in the DSP. To correct this condition, perform a hard reset ofthe DSP by disconnecting the 12-volt battery. Reprogram the DSP module using the latest version of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, usecausal part 18B849 and any applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

This appears to be an update of a year-old SSM 49737 for the same issue.
Sponsored

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I just dropped my vehicle off this morning to have SSM 49737 applied. Hope I don't have to return it to have this updated version applied.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have had the audio dead in my car on a couple of occasions that may have been related to being mid-PowerUp. Next time I got it the car everything was normal again.

Always check for gremlins before calling the dealer.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I just dropped my vehicle off this morning to have SSM 49737 applied. Hope I don't have to return it to have this updated version applied.
Either way the latest software should be applied automatically, so you’re good.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Does this mean that if you're effected by it you'll have a new DSP update in FDRS or they're just saying to do all the stuff mentioned - disconnect 12v, etc. and then just do the current DSP software again?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does this mean that if you're effected by it you'll have a new DSP update in FDRS or they're just saying to do all the stuff mentioned - disconnect 12v, etc. and then just do the current DSP software again?
They're just saying to install the latest available DSP update, which is likely the same one that's been available for quite a while now. This new SSM probably just updates the qualifying manufacture dates.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Looks like the updated SSM has expanded the affected production dates. When I had mine done, the cutoff was vehicles build on and before 3/29/2021. I can't believe cars up to 11/2021 can also have this issue and have to wonder how many owners are not aware and living with it.

I posted a thread about it after my DSP was updated here.
Sponsored