Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
SSM 51449 2020-2023 Various Vehicles - SYNC3 - Inaccurate Deep Sleep Notifications In FordPass/LincolnWay

Some 2020-2023 Ford and Lincoln SYNC3 equipped vehicles may experience an inaccurate notification in the FordPass®/LincolnWay® app indicating Vehicle Has Entered Deep Sleep Mode. Vehicle Has Entered Deep Sleep Mode message is expected if the vehicle has not been started for 14 consecutive days, battery voltage is at/below 9.5 volts or the body control module (BCM) 12 volt battery state of charge (SoC) drops below 50%. If the vehicle is going into deep sleep outside these conditions, this may be due to the telematics control unit (TCU) software. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to update the TCU to the latest software. For claiming, use causal part 14G229 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

----End SSM----

This SSM defines the entry conditions for deep sleep mode. Normally you should not see deep sleep mode unless your car has been parked for a long time (1-2 weeks). If you do not have the latest TCU software from Power-Up 3.5.4.2, you may need a TCU update. Otherwise your car may be experiencing a battery drain that is causing the battery to drain below 50% SoC.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Don’t we have Sync 4? Does this apply to our cars?

It is good info, though…describing the conditions triggering deep sleep. That should be pretty much universal.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Don’t we have Sync 4? Does this apply to our cars?

It is good info, though…describing the conditions triggering deep sleep. That should be pretty much universal.
Good point, I missed that but I’m thinking the conditions are probably similar or identical on our cars.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
i do have this problem and the car has not sat for 14 days nor have i ever seen the 12V SOC that low (though i have only spot checked.)

i hesitate to take this to the dealer since they want to replace the TCU (again) and i'm not sure it is actually faulty.

do you think this TCM update will appear in some future OTA? i have a 23 MME and have only received 4.2.1 so far.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i do have this problem and the car has not sat for 14 days nor have i ever seen the 12V SOC that low (though i have only spot checked.)

i hesitate to take this to the dealer since they want to replace the TCU (again) and i'm not sure it is actually faulty.

do you think this TCM update will appear in some future OTA? i have a 23 MME and have only received 4.2.1 so far.
I suspect the dealer will tell you that this SSM isn‘t applicable to your car. See post #2.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
I suspect the dealer will tell you that this SSM isn‘t applicable to your car. See post #2.
well i assume eventually ford will figure out that this is a problem under sync4 as well, unless it's Just Me. i think others have reported mysterious deep sleep here besides me.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
well i assume eventually ford will figure out that this is a problem under sync4 as well, unless it's Just Me. i think others have reported mysterious deep sleep here besides me.
Agreed - I’m not disputing the problem, just this solution.

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
I’ve had it 3 times in the 3 months I’ve owned my MME. Always seems to be a phantom issue.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
I've had my 23 premium ER RWD since 12/20/22; I have received 2 deep sleep notifications so far. The second notification came after I ran a 20 mile errand and was in the driveway washing it lol. If the notification was false, I wonder why I had to actually start the car to get it out of deep sleep mode. No remote functions worked in FP until I started the car while sitting in it. Prior to starting it, I checked the 12V SOC; it was at 80% (checked via Car Scanner when notification was received). All of my modules were up to date as of 2/16/23; I dropped it off at dealership and let them try to find the reason the connectivity icon doesn't come on every time I start the MME. They found no reason; Service Manager contacted Ford Engineers and they were stumped lol. In comparison, my 22 select SR AWD that I have owned since 7/1/22 has never notified me that it was in deep sleep mode.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had it happen several times in the first 3-4 months of ownership. 1 time when I had just driven to the dealer, as I am talking to the SA about the problem, it popped up in Fordpass. Other times after sitting 1 day.

hasn’t happened in at least 6 months , longest the car sat unused in the last 6 months was maybe 3-4 days so looks like it’s resolved itself

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Received my first deep sleep note this morning.

Plugged in the car later than usual at home. Went into the app and saw it was less than our daily charge setting. Last update in the app was 5 hrs ago. Did the lock door to try to unfreeze it, no change. Forced close/reopen the app for the deep sleep note.

Buggy this week, random front collision warning. Received 4.2.2 on 3/21.

Edit: updated to the new iOS FordPass app. Also went to the car, door button press had a slower open than normal. All good in the car, 90% charged, now responding in the app. Something to watch….
Sponsored

Last edited: