Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
None of that appears in FordPass for me - when I click Blue Oval Charge Network all I see is "Share charging access" then the little blurb about "You can enrol, review, and change....etc" under it. That's it.

When I click the "Connected Services" button I can see that BlueOval Charge Network is Active.

Do I need to do anything to activate Plug & Charge?

I'm in Canada, so it may be quite different...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
None of that appears in FordPass for me - when I click Blue Oval Charge Network all I see is "Share charging access" then the little blurb about "You can enrol, review, and change....etc" under it. That's it.

When I click the "Connected Services" button I can see that BlueOval Charge Network is Active.

Do I need to do anything to activate Plug & Charge?

I'm in Canada, so it may be quite different...
Yeah, I’m not positive, but IIRC, P&C with Electrify Canada doesn’t work. That could be why you are not seeing it.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Yeah, I’m not positive, but IIRC, P&C with Electrify Canada doesn’t work. That could be why you are not seeing it.
It certainly didn't work when I tried it yesterday...it's bit confusing to be honest. There may very well be no P&C in Canada.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Mine took several days to show up after getting the OTA. It is a separate process for the car to get the certificate after that update is applied.
interestingly, the tesla certificate showed up in my account a few days before the OTA applied. i had turned off P&C so it didn't accidentally get triggered at EA and ford turned P&C back on when it applied the certificate. the EA cert was out of date so i toggled P&C off->on and both EA and tesla came up green.

folks might try toggling the P&C setting off-on and see if that triggers the tesla cert to show up.

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
interestingly, the tesla certificate showed up in my account a few days before the OTA applied. i had turned off P&C so it didn't accidentally get triggered at EA and ford turned P&C back on when it applied the certificate. the EA cert was out of date so i toggled P&C off->on and both EA and tesla came up green.

folks might try toggling the P&C setting off-on and see if that triggers the tesla cert to show up.
Did that once already - didn’t work.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Did that once already - didn’t work.
dang. well, waiting for it until you around when you're supposed to get an adapter is an option. i don't know if the BEV team is taking calls for this or not.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Forget about the Icon. I went to a Tesla magic dock site today, P&C worked perfectly, despite the Icon not being in Fordpass app. Charge rate started at 155kw.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Still no Tesla P&C icon MMEatTesla

Homestead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E, F-350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Forget about the Icon. I went to a Tesla magic dock site today, P&C worked perfectly, despite the Icon not being in Fordpass app. Charge rate started at 155kw.
Wow surprising, Is that one in Glendale?
I used to live near there.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow surprising, Is that one in Glendale?
I used to live near there.
59th Ave and Northern, in the parking lot near Lowes. That is the only Magic dock in Arizona. This site has a cheap rate $0.39/kwh (24 hours), because it it not busy.

Tesla has opened up the Westgate site (right off Loop 101) for adapters (do not have mine yet), a few miles away, and they are charging $0.57/kwh during the daytime hours. That site is almost always full.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Anybody else who has received 24-PU0119-DC-CHG4 OTA still not getting the Tesla P&C icon to show up in FordPass? I have the latest FP version (4.33.0). I received the CHG4 OTA back on March 3rd. Still showing only EA. I tried turning P&C off then back on -no luck. I quit the app and reopened it - no luck. Haven’t yet tried deleting app and reinstalling as I hate doing that.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Still no Tesla P&C icon MMEatTesla
FWIW, The Tesla P&C icon showed up in my FP even before I got the CHG4 OTA. It coincidentally showed up after I opened "charge assist" in the car. The screen that showed up when I opened Charge Assist told me about enabling P&C (which was strange since I already had it active for a year).

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Anybody else who has received 24-PU0119-DC-CHG4 OTA still not getting the Tesla P&C icon to show up in FordPass? I have the latest FP version (4.33.0). I received the CHG4 OTA back on March 3rd. Still showing only EA. I tried turning P&C off then back on -no luck. I quit the app and reopened it - no luck. Haven’t yet tried deleting app and reinstalling as I hate doing that.
IMG_0072.png
First verify your connected services are all turned on in the car:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Still no Tesla P&C icon Connected Services Turned On

NOTE: Charging data falls under "driving data", so that one does need to be turned on.

Then log into https://www.ford.com/connectedservices/ and verify BlueOval Charge Network is activated:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Still no Tesla P&C icon Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 4.12.14 AM

Last verify you have a valid (not expired) credit card on file after clicking on "Manage" under BlueOval Charge Network.

If everything is turned on, it could be that you haven't gotten some other 6.X OTAs that are required for Tesla authorization to work.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I see the Tesla cert in my Lightning profile, which got the update a while back, but not the Mach-E profile, which got the update Friday. As has been shown by @AZBill, it appears to be meaningless. The car is charging, not the app...

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
FWIW, The Tesla P&C icon showed up in my FP even before I got the CHG4 OTA. It coincidentally showed up after I opened "charge assist" in the car. The screen that showed up when I opened Charge Assist told me about enabling P&C (which was strange since I already had it active for a year).
Maybe not having Charge Assist app in the car, like 30% of us, is also related to not showing Tesla in the app.

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Maybe not having Charge Assist app in the car, like 30% of us, is also related to not showing Tesla in the app.
But I have Charge Assist in the car.
Haven’t checked all of the Connected Services switches in the car yet. I might have one or two of those disabled, not sure. Everything else though is on and working, BOC network and credit card. I can P&C with EA fine.

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
First verify your connected services are all turned on in the car:

NOTE: Charging data falls under "driving data", so that one does need to be turned on.

Then log into https://www.ford.com/connectedservices/ and verify BlueOval Charge Network is activated:

Last verify you have a valid (not expired) credit card on file after clicking on "Manage" under BlueOval Charge Network.

If everything is turned on, it could be that you haven't gotten some other 6.X OTAs that are required for Tesla authorization to work.
Checked Connected Services.” They’re all turned on like yours.

Blue Oval Charge Network is active until June. You can’t mange the Ford wallet from the “Connected Services” link in FordPass. When you tap on “manage” it only gives you a bunch of information as to what is active but no other links like “manage wallet” or “payment info.” You have to log into Ford.com on the web to get to the wallet. In any case, after I finally got there, my CC info is there, unexpired and recently used with EA P&C.

Oh yeah, I got up to 6.7 before everything stopped and my car went into the shop for the recall. I’ve since gotten the DC-CHG4 and one other numbered OTA ( forget which one) - Nothing since.

It’s still a mystery …
Sponsored

Last edited: