Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Looks great. Did you run into any issues with the stripes or vinyl wrap? The Craig's web site recommends against installing the 3M tape over these materials. Just wondering cause I'm interested in doing the same.
The adhesive didn’t hold initially. Not sure if it was a lower quality adhesive or the Halo ceramic coat for vinyl that I had applied. I’ve reattached with genuine 3M VHB and it seems good so far.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Finally got to use the TeslaTap Mini 60 AMP Adaptor when I pulled up to the chargers at my hotel, Fairfield Inn in Cortland, NY, last night. The one J-1772 ClipperCreek charger was in use but two Tesla Destination chargers were available.

Ford Mustang Mach-E stMache - Blu Max IMG_1682

Ford Mustang Mach-E stMache - Blu Max IMG_1684

Ford Mustang Mach-E stMache - Blu Max IMG_1685

Worked perfectly. Started charging as soon as I plugged it in. Fully charged overnight.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Got my first OTA update this week since my dealership with the help of Ford Engineering back in May, 2022, got me updated to Blue Cruise.

i-v8Wj3ZB-L.jpg

Then two days later Ford sent me an email saying my Mach-e had been identified as not being able to receive OTA's. :) :D Silly @Ford Motor Company, you need to update your databases.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Have not updated here since 2022. Let's see, I did have another accident. It is not the car, must be me. Hopefully, I am done with hitting things. Anyhow, these cars seem to get put back together rather well as after getting fixed both times, Max seems to drive just as good as the day I drove it off the lot.

I recently did a trip between Syracuse, NY and Rome, NY in winter weather. Max, taken out of One-Pedal Drive, was fine in the snowy and slushy conditions. Only issue I had was when a tractor trailer hit some slush and covered the front sensors. Had to manually drive it until I got to my destination and cleaned it off. Easily covering the 150 miles starting at 80% and ending at 40%. Still using the All-Seasons as we just do not get enough of winter weather these days to justify snow or All-Weather tires.

OTA updates come quickly for a short periods of time and then stop. Currently sitting on OTA 6.8. I did pay for 3 more years of BlueCruise for $600 since my Job 1 vehicle was sold to me before BC was even released. Really hope Ford reconsiders the pricing in the future as they have done with the 2023 models this week. One can hope.

Am considering upgrading to a GT PE with the new pricing but, so far, dealers have not agreed to buyout my lease. Always just $4K off. So, I will probably end up waiting until next year when the lease is up to move on to another Mach-e unless I decide to keep Max. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Today I will be saying "Good Bye" to Blu Max as I trade it in for another Mach-e. More details to follow.

Ford Mustang Mach-E stMache - Blu Max Blu_Max_2021