OP

Casey Mac

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
They see 25+ codes on the scan tool and have no clue which one is the important one that represents the root cause. It's just information overload for them. They don't want to research all of them. I know what to look for so it's easy for me to interpret codes, but they probably just lack experience and familiarity with Mach-E.
So, the dealership I'm working with says they don't see the code you discuss and that the 12V battery simply failed. They are also saying the HVBJB wouldn't need replaced just reprogrammed and that doesn't fit with anything I have read online. Any advice?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Casey Mac

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They scanned it already on Monday and should have a diagnosis. You had a P0AA5 code in the BECM (negative contactor stuck open), which means your HVBJB has failed and needs to be replaced. The dealer should perform the procedure outlined in TSB 24-2017.

Print that TSB, hi-light that code, and hand it to your service advisor. Tell them it says you need a the high voltage battery junction box replaced because you have that code.
Also, the dealership said they don't see this code when they look at the codes it is throwing up. Can you give me any other information I can tell them or share how you look up the codes? I feel like I'm getting the run around because they don't want it to be covered by the warranty/recall.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I heard that when these failures occur Ford actually knows that they've occurred. If a user has their FordPass connected Ford the company has access to all the data of all the cars that it sells and can certainly look up that date with the appropriate person on the phone funny thing is when mine failed already knew that failed and already contacted them because the car was being pulled in by the tow service which I found interesting

OP
OP

Casey Mac

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I heard that when these failures occur Ford actually knows that they've occurred. If a user has their FordPass connected Ford the company has access to all the data of all the cars that it sells and can certainly look up that date with the appropriate person on the phone funny thing is when mine failed already knew that failed and already contacted them because the car was being pulled in by the tow service which I found interesting
The problem is, I don't know who the "right person" to talk to is. All the people I've talked to at Ford Corporate say they aren't technical people and to reach out to my dealership.

OP
OP

Casey Mac

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They scanned it already on Monday and should have a diagnosis. You had a P0AA5 code in the BECM (negative contactor stuck open), which means your HVBJB has failed and needs to be replaced. The dealer should perform the procedure outlined in TSB 24-2017.

Print that TSB, hi-light that code, and hand it to your service advisor. Tell them it says you need a the high voltage battery junction box replaced because you have that code.
Went in and spoke with the service manager this morning. He showed me the codes they have pulled on the car an P0AA5 is not one of them. Also, the 12V battery won't take a charge so he is saying that needs replaced before they can address the recall. Sounds like they will try to do that when the part gets there today or tomorrow and then proceed with the recall.

Marv Hound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
My 12v battery recently failed on my ā€˜21 and had to be replaced. I didnā€™t have all of the issues you are seeing, but 12v battery issues seem to happen at about this point in time. Good luck! Hopefully they make progress after getting the new 12v in there for you.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So, the dealership I'm working with says they don't see the code you discuss and that the 12V battery simply failed. They are also saying the HVBJB wouldn't need replaced just reprogrammed and that doesn't fit with anything I have read online. Any advice?
Went in and spoke with the service manager this morning. He showed me the codes they have pulled on the car an P0AA5 is not one of them. Also, the 12V battery won't take a charge so he is saying that needs replaced before they can address the recall. Sounds like they will try to do that when the part gets there today or tomorrow and then proceed with the recall.
P0AA5 was there on Monday when it came in, but then they cleared the codes out right afterwards without looking at them carefully. You have different codes now because the 12V battery is low. Just make sure they replace the HVBJB or youā€™ll be back.

OP
OP

Casey Mac

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P0AA5 was there on Monday when it came in, but then they cleared the codes out right afterwards without looking at them carefully. You have different codes now because the 12V battery is low. Just make sure they replace the HVBJB or youā€™ll be back.
How can you tell they cleared it out? Or how can I know that it was there since it isn't showing in their system anymore?

I'm just curious because they have a completely different story when I'm at the shop. As long as they replace the HVBJB, I'm not really worried anyway.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
How can you tell they cleared it out? Or how can I know that it was there since it isn't showing in their system anymore?

I'm just curious because they have a completely different story when I'm at the shop. As long as they replace the HVBJB, I'm not really worried anyway.
When they scan or clear codes itā€™s logged in the system for your VIN. They probably donā€™t know about that.
Sponsored