generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Actually, if you owe $7,500 in taxes, you will break even with the tax credit and not get any refund.
That all depends on how much you paid. If you owe $7500 and paid $7500, you'll get a $7500 refund.
Sponsored

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
That all depends on how much you paid. If you owe $7500 and paid $7500, you'll get a $7500 refund.
I paid more than $7500 and I got money back last year so I should get all $7500 back. *fingers crossed*

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I paid more than $7500 and I got money back last year so I should get all $7500 back. *fingers crossed*
True. This is actually very simple. The credit can reduce your tax by up $7500 but not to below zero. The credit itself has nothing to do with how much you have had withheld or paid in estimated taxes. If your total tax amount was $7500 or more, you get the full $7500 credit. You may or may not get a refund depending on how much you had withheld or paid in estimated taxes. If the $7500 plus the amount you had withheld and paid in estimated taxes is greater than your tax amount, you get a refund of the amount you "overpaid" your taxes.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
i can’t loan myself $7500 for an entire year so I won’t be taking my MachE if it can’t be figured out by December 31
Then you are correct you don’t have the wherewithal to purchase an MME in 2021. And living on the precipice as you apparently are, you shouldn’t be considering doing so in 2020.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Then you are correct you don’t have the wherewithal to purchase an MME in 2021. And living on the precipice as you apparently are, you shouldn’t be considering doing so in 2020.
Let me rephrase: I don’t WANT to loan myself $7500 because Ford 1) is having difficulty getting units out and 2) isn’t being real liberal with their as yet announced financing details.

I leased the BMW i3 at $50k plus right out of the gate because they had multiple ways to take advantage of the federal tax credits. No one should have to have the liquid assets outright to purchase an electric vehicle in 2020. That’s some elitist BS right there.

The MME will be my 3rd BEV at almost the exact same price point and I’ve managed just fine because there were options. But again, please give your completely inconsequential opinions about other people’s finances freely if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Welcome to the Mach E Forum Submitted Orders List. And congrats to all the future owners on the list!

This list is for ACCEPTED ORDERS ONLY (reservations which have been converted to accepted orders).

1. Please use the Order Submission Form to add yourself to the list.
2. Post a reply in this thread to let us know.
3. Once your submission is approved it will show up in the list.
4. Be sure to check out the STATS sheet below for detailed infographics on take rates for model/trim, colors, drivetrain and battery.

The more crowdsourced data we have, the more helpful it will be for everyone to track the progress of their orders as we move towards the first deliveries!

Macheee received build date of 11/30 for premium AWD blue NorCal dealer. Reserved 11/19 but Order not placed until 9/3, surprised to see early build date. Changed from white reservation to blue at order.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I see two tracking lines for me now. Row 240 plus the new one with my build date. You may want to remove remove 240.

Macheee received build date of 11/30 for premium AWD blue NorCal dealer. Reserved 11/19 but Order not placed until 9/3, surprised to see early build date. Changed from white reservation to blue at order.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wonder when the next batch of notifications for build dates will be going out.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
I had been lurking for a while, then decided to register and enter my information, since I didn't see anyone else with data from Alabama.

Premium, Space White, with all wheel drive and extended battery.

Order Number: 10060207 - I think I have a bit of a wait ahead of me.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
FYI.....If you live in Cali and do NOT have a production date then IMMEDIATELY go to the CARB website I believe as there is a GRANT for $5,000. It takes roughly 3 months to get but it can NOT be issued AFTER the actual purchase. They give you a letter and you take it to the dealership and it is an immediate $5000 down payment. I screwed up on my FE but am going to do it today for my wife's premium.

other discounts in Cali.

State : $2000-4500 depending on income
County CARB: 2,000
PG&E (utility) $800
PG&E level 2 charger: 250

these are all CASH...not tax credits.

all in all I wish I knew about the grant prior to the production date....As you can see there is a LOT of money out there. Anyone NOT living in Cali research both state AND county.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
FYI.....If you live in Cali and do NOT have a production date then IMMEDIATELY go to the CARB website I believe as there is a GRANT for $5,000. It takes roughly 3 months to get but it can NOT be issued AFTER the actual purchase. They give you a letter and you take it to the dealership and it is an immediate $5000 down payment. I screwed up on my FE but am going to do it today for my wife's premium.
@eastern refugee

Not sure I understand, the item 2 and 3 from the required documents says:
2. Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration for the vehicle listed in the application. The applicant's name must be on the registration, and the registration must be current (not expired). For CVRP Rebate Now applicants, this will be required after vehicle purchase or lease.

3. A full and complete copy of the purchase or lease contract with all pages included. A complete contract is executed and signed. It includes an itemization of credits, discounts, and incentives received, if applicable, and all information needed to process the application. The applicant's name must be listed on the contract. For CVRP Rebate Now Applicants, this will be required after you complete the purchase/lease of your vehicle.

How you can have all those documents without a vehicle being purchased?

Last edited:

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag

other discounts in Cali.

State : $2000-4500 depending on income
County CARB: 2,000
PG&E (utility) $800
PG&E level 2 charger: 250

these are all CASH...not tax credits.

all in all I wish I knew about the grant prior to the production date....As you can see there is a LOT of money out there. Anyone NOT living in Cali research both state AND county.
Do you know the name of the grant?
Sponsored