Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Please edit my build week to reflect the recent change to 6 December.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
@Administrator Submitted a change request to move my build week. Ford reservation page now shows week of 12/13/20. Was originally 12/21/20.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Added my entry to form.

Premium
RWD
Extended Battery/Range
Star White

Ordered: 7/7/2020
Build Date: week of 12/7/2020
Vin: 6xxx

Talked to my dealer and he sent me a screenshot with my Vin number. He told me to expect delivery the week of Christmas, but it may get pushed to 1st week of January. Crossing my fingers for December delivery so I can use the tax credits.
Because of the tax credit impact, there may be pressure to ship quickly
DFW here too. What dealer. My build is 12/14 and definitely need to wrap up paperwork before 12/31 for tax purposes.
The up-to-$1000 tax credit for buying & installing a charger expires at the end of this year.

The $7500 tax credit for buying the car wont run out until Ford builds more than 200,000 EV's. They wont hit that number for a while. The caveat is that if you don't take delivery before end of year ... you wouldn't be able to claim the credit until you file your 2021 tax returns (in early 2022). So it just delays when you see your credit ... but not whether or not you get the credit.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Because of the tax credit impact, there may be pressure to ship quickly

The up-to-$1000 tax credit for buying & installing a charger expires at the end of this year.

The $7500 tax credit for buying the car wont run out until Ford builds more than 200,000 EV's. They wont hit that number for a while. The caveat is that if you don't take delivery before end of year ... you wouldn't be able to claim the credit until you file your 2021 tax returns (in early 2022). So it just delays when you see your credit ... but not whether or not you get the credit.
i can’t loan myself $7500 for an entire year so I won’t be taking my MachE if it can’t be figured out by December 31

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Welcome to the Mach E Forum Submitted Orders List. And congrats to all the future owners on the list!

This list is for ACCEPTED ORDERS ONLY (reservations which have been converted to accepted orders).

1. Please use the Order Submission Form to add yourself to the list.
2. Post a reply in this thread to let us know.
3. Once your submission is approved it will show up in the list.
4. Be sure to check out the STATS sheet below for detailed infographics on take rates for model/trim, colors, drivetrain and battery.

The more crowdsourced data we have, the more helpful it will be for everyone to track the progress of their orders as we move towards the first deliveries!

Submitted form to be added

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
From the data collected by this forum so far.....there 85 vehicles with scheduled build weeks or dates.
  • Pre-OKTB: 2 cars. 1 FE for AZ and 1 Base for Netherlands.
  • Nov 23 week: 6 cars. (5 First Editions, 2 Premiums). All going to California except one (Ohio)
  • Nov 30 week: 15 cars. Almost all are Premiums except the last 2 (Friday builds). All going to California.
  • Dec 7 week: 15 cars. This is the first batch to the rest of the U.S. (2 CR1, 7 PE, 6 FE). Destinations are MI, VA, IA, TX, NY and Canada
  • Dec 14 week: 22 cars. This is the first week with lots of First Edition builds from this forum. (1 CR1, 8 PE, 13 FE). Destinations are MD, TX, IL, AZ, GA, OH, FL, NY, WA, VA and CA
  • Dec 21 week: 23 cars. Most all are Premiums. (21 PE, 2 FE). Destinations are NC, MA, MD, VA, GA, IL, TX, WA, CA, AZ, MI, MN, KS and OH
  • Dec 28 week: no cars. Plant must be closed this week....
  • Jan 4 week: Only 2 cars and both are First Editions.
Obviously we only have a portion of the overall data but we can spot some trends.
  • MP1 and MP2 appear to be primarily demos for NA, EU/UK and possibly China (rumored). Also must be some vehicles for Netherlands and perhaps employee cars in this group. I know of at least 3 employee cars that are not represented on this forum that are expected to be in the OKTB group.
  • First Editions are not built first. In this sampling, there are 55 non FE and only 30 FE cars.
  • California cars occupy most all the build slots for the first two weeks after OKTB.
  • December cars are for the rest of NA.
  • We need to see what build dates are reported this week. The schedules should be visible later today. We are looking to see if NA cars continue in Jan and how far into January.
This last bullet point is important because I am not sure if the plant is able to build NA and EU/UK vehicles at the same time. I don't believe they plan to have NA cars roll down the line mixed in with EU/UK cars but I could be wrong about that. However, if I am correct....then it could mean that no more NA build dates are going to be scheduled until after the first EU/UK batch. The recent video session that Ford held for European customers clearly said that vehicles would be in the showrooms by Spring. There is a very reasonable chance that means DEMO cars since we think many of those are going to be in the OKTB group. What about EU/UK customer cars? I think that is the unknown at this point. If we get build dates soon for more NA cars that run deep into January or even February then that is an indication that EU/UK customer cars might not arrive over there until summer time. If we don't get any more NA build dates.....then EU/UK customer cars might be sooner......which I think is the more likely possibility.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
  • We need to see what build dates are reported this week. The schedules should be visible later today. We are looking to see if NA cars continue in Jan and how far into January.
Can I assume the statement about schedules being visible today is based on insider knowledge and not supposition?

BTW, thanks for summarizing the status. I think a key take away from my point is that reservation date is more or less being followed. The distinction is that there are a alot of FE and Premium AWD ER models (effectively the same car going down the line), so some other trim combos (rwd, sr, etc) are being slotted in and resulting in the perception of later reservation dates being scheduled before earlier ones. Once the trim level is factored in, it seems pretty well organized by reservation number, with location also being a factor. I agree that the FE models do not seem to be prioritized all that much more than other Premium AWD ER vehicles.

Do others draw similar conclusions?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Can I assume the statement about schedules being visible today is based on insider knowledge and not supposition?

BTW, thanks for summarizing the status. I think a key take away from my point is that reservation date is more or less being followed. The distinction is that there are a alot of FE and Premium AWD ER models (effectively the same car going down the line), so some other trim combos (rwd, sr, etc) are being slotted in and resulting in the perception of later reservation dates being scheduled before earlier ones. Once the trim level is factored in, it seems pretty well organized by reservation number, with location also being a factor. I agree that the FE models do not seem to be prioritized all that much more than other Premium AWD ER vehicles.

Schedules are usually visible to the dealers and fleet owners every Thursday. Sometimes there are stragglers that run into Friday.

I couldn't see anything yesterday.....for any model, not just the Mach E but for anything. The support group at Ford told me it will take 24-48 hours before I will have visibility again.

I dont know what the issue is. Something IT related I think. They had me create a new user name and password and it didnt help anything.

Are they scheduling the new Bronco builds right now as well? I bet there are MUCH more reservations for those things compared to the MME so maybe that broke the system?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

Aren't there some insiders on this forum? Seems like someone would know how this is actually being carried out and why.

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
Aren't there some insiders on this forum? Seems like someone would know how this is actually being carried out and why.
This is very similar to how Tesla handled reservations for the Model 3. More or less Random. California reservations got their first even though Day 0 reservations existed in other states. If Joe from Texas reserved a Model 3 on Day 0, someone in California who reserved a Model 3 2 years later received theirs first. Tesla also promised current owners of Model S/X that they will get priority but many were skipped.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There are but not necessarily able to share all the finer details. It was mentioned before that all those items were part of what was looked at when assigning the build sequence. (Reservation/Order Dates, Location/Region, and Trim).

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
I just entered my latest data on the submission form - caution, I didn't catch the update option until after I submitted I am already on the list - line #62.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If I had to guess.....the data suggests:
  1. The plan was always to build the Premiums first. (RWD, AWD, ER and FE are options).
  2. The Reservation Program lined up buyers for the dealerships.
  3. The Order Program allowed dealers to place orders for reservation holders before other buyers.
  4. Dealers were expected to accept order requests from potential customers via the Ford Reservation system and enter them into the order banks.
  5. Conversion date appears to matter according to the data.
  6. Delivery location appears to matter according to volume.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Actually, if you owe $7,500 in taxes, you will break even with the tax credit and not get any refund.
Sponsored