p_haze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV, 2021 Ford MME FE
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
For those who may own a Mach E and a Tesla vehicle, any suggestions for L2 home charging set ups wirh a single charger?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
For those who may own a Mach E and a Tesla vehicle, any suggestions for L2 home charging set ups wirh a single charger?
Thanks.
As big and as powerful as your supply will take, future proof yourself as much as you can.

Psifire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MMe Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The biggest piece of advice I can give is: figure out how your extension cord is gonna reach the plug on each car. In my case, I'm parking the cars in the driveway (California weather FTW); so, I have to take the closing of the garage door into account.

I have a J-1772 wall unit (25' cord) mounted on the right side fo the garage. I park the Tesla on the left, tail in. I park the Mustang on the right, nose in. The Tesla 3 comes with an adapter; so, I just attach the adapter to the end of the charge cord and plug in. In either case, I have enough cable to plug in and close the garage door.

I'm sure someday I'll have to replace that J-1772 with an NACS, but for now, my method works.

NOTE: I have 2 of the Tesla OEM J-1772 to NACS adapters. Buy the OEM adapters. There are stories about third party ones not fitting. Makes no sense to buy a non-OEM since the OEMs are about the same price.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag