Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I have watched A LOT of videos of people reviewing the MME and I am amazed at how people do not like the many options in the Sync system. I believe people are missing the point of the system. I literally just watched a video where the reviewer said "the climate controls are at the bottom which takes your eyes off the road to use them". I used to sell Ford vehicles at the first dealership I ever worked at and many salespeople forget to explain that the touchscreen is nice, but Sync is designed to work with your voice.

So with that being said, I wanted to post here many links to the voice commands for Sync. That way we can safely interact with Sync WITHOUT taking our hands off the wheel. Now many of these commands are from previous versions but many of them still work (and I have tried many of my favorite ones during my MME test drive).

Sync Voice Commands
https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...s/sync-with-my-ford-touch-voice-commands.html

Wanna know what you can say in a given mode?

"[mode] list of commands" Ex "Climate List of Commands"

My Favs -

"Sirius [channel name or number]" Ex "Sirius 80s on 8"

"Climate On [or Off]"

"Climate set temp to XX degrees",

Here is a list of commands I found. I am sure there is a more updated list. Just wanted to remind everyone of this feature :)

https://fordaddict.com/ford-sync-voice-commands/
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I have watched A LOT of videos of people reviewing the MME and I am amazed at how people do not like the many options in the Sync system. I believe people are missing the point of the system. I literally just watched a video where the reviewer said "the climate controls are at the bottom which takes your eyes off the road to use them". I used to sell Ford vehicles at the first dealership I ever worked at and many salespeople forget to explain that the touchscreen is nice, but Sync is designed to work with your voice.

So with that being said, I wanted to post here many links to the voice commands for Sync. That way we can safely interact with Sync WITHOUT taking our hands off the wheel. Now many of these commands are from previous versions but many of them still work (and I have tried many of my favorite ones during my MME test drive).

Sync Voice Commands
https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...s/sync-with-my-ford-touch-voice-commands.html

My Favs -

"Climate On [or Off]"

Here is a list of commands I found. I am sure there is a more updated list. Just wanted to remind everyone of this feature :)

Haven't tried this one but with old sync (2&3) you could say "what can I say?"

Reactions: UW2

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Sync Voice Commands

My Favs -

"Climate On [or Off]"

Not a bad idea to let people know which ones work and are not.

Reactions: UW2

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This is what I love about Sync. You really can do pretty much everything with voice commands. I almost never go to the screen controls. On my escape, climate controls are still actual knobs and buttons (not in sync) so I have to use those instead of sync voice commands, but that’s about it. I’m hoping that Sync 4 has expanded this and allows voice control of all features, like driving mode, propulsion sounds, etc through voice commands.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Between Google Assistant (via Android Auto) and the SYNC voice commands, it seems I'll have most everything covered... and talking a lot.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I hope they can get on the same level as MBUX with future updates.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
fwiw when I was test driving, I noticed MFT/Sync 3 style "Sirius station name" worked as well... by that, I don't mean something like "Sirius The Pulse" (which is correctly listed in the original post) but also just "The Pulse" worked.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Can't wait to try some of these!

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
There is an "online" tutorial in the MME itself that lists the available commands.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Can you turn on headlights, wipers, etc?
headlights and wipers have physical switches, because this is a car, not a science project ;)

kidding aside they have fairly traditional Ford switchgear for those things which precludes voice command. I suppose you could have a voice command that overrides the switches or something but that would be very confusing.