Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Instead of going darker en went for the blood look :cool:

Personally I never really liked the white on white look of the taillights and full dark on white didn't do it for me either. Dark red taillights on white cars I always fancied so I ordered a strip of "dark" translucent (90%) red wrap for $ 15 and gave it a try myself.

Although it was my first "wrapping" experience i'm very pleased with the result.
The center brakelight will be done soon too but I ran out of wrapping material.

IMG_20211009_115604 v2.jpg
IMG_20211010_143948 v2.jpg
IMG_20211010_131346 v2.jpg
Does look better. I agree. White taillights just seem wrong.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Do you guys have any tips on how to get good adhesion without bubbles? These lights have a lot of sharp features which seems much more difficult that what I have seen watching the installation videos online...

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Do you guys have any tips on how to get good adhesion without bubbles? These lights have a lot of sharp features which seems much more difficult that what I have seen watching the installation videos online...
I cut the film to approximate size then start with it bent over my squeegee. Using that as a tucking tool to ensure the first adhesion point is the underside of the sharp angle of the taillights. Then it’s just a matter of wrapping it up over the top. Pretty easy when done one light at a time.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I cut the film to approximate size then start with it bent over my squeegee. Using that as a tucking tool to ensure the first adhesion point is the underside of the sharp angle of the taillights. Then it’s just a matter of wrapping it up over the top. Pretty easy when done one light at a time.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot...

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Nah. I just like to accessorize. A bad influence wouldn’t tell you when my ideas went poorly, which I also always share for everyone’s education. Enjoy your tinting.

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks! I'll give it a shot...
I did it with a waterspry with a 1 drop of soap in it. Spray the taillight and glue side of the wrap and put it on. You can move it very easilly in place and once you have a part of the warp inplace press all water below it away with a creditcard and work your way up or down. The sharp bends I heated with a hairdryer and pressed it with the creditcard to stretch and fix it in place.
First one failed, 2nd one succeeded but took a while but after that i got the hang of it and put them on quite easilly. All depends on a good precut though.

note: Best to put soft cloth around the creditcard to make it less sharp.

AButtonMasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Dammit. I think I started this the opposite way and FML. Getting it to wrap the underside is going to put me in the loony bin.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint D1F94819-CEE7-405C-84AE-568B6D4483AE

time to start over!

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Dammit. I think I started this the opposite way and FML. Getting it to wrap the underside is going to put me in the loony bin.
D1F94819-CEE7-405C-84AE-568B6D4483AE.jpeg

time to start over!
Cut it to smaller pieces first. Do one light at a time.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Oh crap! You didn’t wrap the entire housing? Just the actual lit sections? Yeah, should make life easier.
Yeah. Sorry if that wasn’t obvious. Each bar of the tribar was done individually. Makes it very easy to do.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Ordered mine, we'll see how it goes. I don't have the best patience, why I stopped painting... But reading the entire thread gives me a bit of hope.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the same problem... started trying to wrap the whole light (like the videos all show) and it is nearly impossible if you are not a professional due to all the sharp nooks and crannies these lights have. Then I realized that murse and others who have done this just did the individual lights. After a palmface moment, I tried it and it is soooo much easier!

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Do you happen to have a link to a good video showing installation?

AButtonMasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint 2B82337F-053A-46F4-90CC-1D529D926A09
Finally got both done. Second light went much better. I’ll try and take a better pick after I get this thing clean. I ordered just light smoke without the hex. Debating doing headlights. But at the rate car projects go with late nights after little one goes to bed it could be a little while. Looks sick with Dark Matter Gray. Thanks for the tips and pointers along the way.
Sponsored