Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Good luck. I'm on my third laminate kit from them. I never go through a car wash but it bugs the shit out of me that they lift at the creases. First time, I thought it was user error, so I tried again. Second time was better, but still lifted, third time... Yup lifted again.

Maybe I should just stick to technology and go to Mark's house, an hour away, and let him do the laminate.

PXL_20220608_012633175.jpg
I have a Lamin-x Kit on mine for about three months and it has not lifted anywhere yet. I check it every time I wash thinking it might but it is still on there solidly.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I have a Lamin-x Kit on mine for about three months and it has not lifted anywhere yet. I check it every time I wash thinking it might but it is still on there solidly.
I have a feeling it's direct sun and high heat that causes it to soften it's hold and shrink, but I don't know. When I'm at work the taillights get direct sun and it's 100+ outside.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have a feeling it's direct sun and high heat that causes it to soften it's hold and shrink, but I don't know. When I'm at work the taillights get direct sun and it's 100+ outside.
Maybe heating the vinyl when applying (as @scoopman recommended) will help. There is also a setting period so maybe avoiding the direct sun for a week would help also. The fourth time is the charm! Don't give up!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Maybe heating the vinyl when applying (as @scoopman recommended) will help. There is also a setting period so maybe avoiding the direct sun for a week would help also. The fourth time is the charm! Don't give up!
I did heat it each time, and it stays attached for many days, but eventually lifts. It's only on the upper crease and it does it on every light.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Might also be the tint. I used this stuff and it’s stayed down.

VViViD Smoke Black Adhesive Headlight Wrap Tinting Vinyl 16 Inch x 48 Inch Roll (1 Roll Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8PD9TP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TBZ41DKV3MDBMKE64P17?psc=1

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Was one roll enough?
I just looked and I actually got the 2-pack because I knew I might need a redo a couple of times....

Here's how the Vivvid stuff looks, applied with a heat gun using the @Murse-In-Airy technique from his video....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint IMG_0202

Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint IMG_0203

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Since we’re talking taillight tint, here’s my VVIVID dark smoke tint on my GT. It’s only been a couple months, but in that time it’s seen temps in the 80’s and temps in the teens.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint FA06BB1E-AAAF-43B9-9096-86D345276DEB

One thing that may be worth mentioning is that I’ve started making relief cuts on the underside of the lower sharp angle. It’s not visible unless you bend way down and look upward at it. But it relieves a lot of the tension pulling on the tint across the protrusion. Might help keep things laying better @DevSecOps

Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint 7973B8AD-3C5D-4586-A646-CFC36A51BB67

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Since we’re talking taillight tint, here’s my VVIVID dark smoke tint on my GT. It’s only been a couple months, but in that time it’s seen temps in the 80’s and temps in the teens.

One thing that may be worth mentioning is that I’ve started making relief cuts on the underside of the lower sharp angle. It’s not visible unless you bend way down and look upward at it. But it relieves a lot of the tension pulling on the tint across the protrusion. Might help keep things laying better @DevSecOps

I ordered the vivid. It's only $12 and I've already spent $225 on Lamin-X. Thank you and @scoopman for the suggestion. He texted me pictures of his install and it looks great as well so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Flashgolfer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I did my IBSM tail lights in Vivid Smoke Black and am very pleased with the result. A little nervous using an Exacto knife on my lenses, but it turned out fine. Here are a few pics....
Before:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint before tint

During tinting:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint tint in process

After tinting

Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint After tint

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I did my IBSM tail lights in Vivid Smoke Black and am very pleased with the result. A little nervous using an Exacto knife on my lenses, but it turned out fine. Here are a few pics....
Before:

During tinting:

After tinting

Looks like light smoke. Big improvement.

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
Applied the lamin-x kit:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint 1666531810043

Ford Mustang Mach-E Taillight tint 1666531855027

I think that getting a roll and just cutting it yourself would be a cheaper and better way to go in hindsight. The Lamin-x kit is super tough to get fit right, and it is still slightly bigger than you need (or a touch smaller in a spot or two). If you do the roll, you don't have to worry about the shape / placement and can just focus on a good application / seal - and then get the size right by cutting after the fact.

If this falls off or has issues, there is a shop nearby that will do the same thing for 250$. I'll let a pro handle the next round, if needed.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Applied the lamin-x kit:

I think that getting a roll and just cutting it yourself would be a cheaper and better way to go in hindsight. The Lamin-x kit is super tough to get fit right, and it is still slightly bigger than you need (or a touch smaller in a spot or two). If you do the roll, you don't have to worry about the shape / placement and can just focus on a good application / seal - and then get the size right by cutting after the fact.

If this falls off or has issues, there is a shop nearby that will do the same thing for 250$. I'll let a pro handle the next round, if needed.
Main reason I avoided a kit. Requires too much exactness. I’ve had great luck with a relief cut under the big indentation in the light.