Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
6 owned Mustangs. '22 MME, '15, '11, '05, '03, '66
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
Hello All, over the past 6 months I know I've seen in random threads people discussing someone deciding to backout on an order and having someone else take over the order. I'm assuming this would just be an agreement with the new person and the dealership as I doubt there'd be a way to change a name on an order after its scheduled/etc.

That being said, I wasn't quick enough in my decision to order a MME to get in on the First Edition orders but have recently decided if I could find one, I'd pay the extra money required to jump up from my Premium order. Doing this would require finding someone who decided to not go through with their FE order so...anyone on this board know of anyone who has a Grabber Blue FE order that they don't plan on taking delivery of? I've contacted multiple dealerships with GB FE's showing in the tracker system. None of them will be available to purchase when they arrive, they were customer or demo cars. So I think I've done all I can do, now my fate is in the hands of the good people on this site...help me MachEForum members...you're my only hope.

I know this is a long shot but I figured I'd ask. Also, if this has been discussed already, I apologize. I couldn't find another thread about it after a bit of searching.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Would be helpful to include the locations.

There will be a First Edition Carbonized Grey available in Phoenix. Already built but not released for shipment yet. Interior Protection Package.

OP
OP
RedFive17

RedFive17

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
Would be helpful to include the locations.

There will be a First Edition Carbonized Grey available in Phoenix. Already built but not released for shipment yet. Interior Protection Package.
Hopefully there is a Grabber Blue that someone knows is available. I've done 500 mile radius searches using the Ford inventory tracker all over the country and contacted the dealerships of most of the Blue FE that I found. Like I mentioned, none were available. Hopefully someone here knows of one. Thanks for the replies.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Hopefully there is a Grabber Blue that someone knows is available. I've done 500 mile radius searches using the Ford inventory tracker all over the country and contacted the dealerships of most of the Blue FE that I found. Like I mentioned, none were available. Hopefully someone here knows of one. Thanks for the replies.
Perhaps your best bet will be to make an arrangement with a dealer to save a Grabber Blue First Edition they will use for test drives for you to buy after thy are done demonstrating it, but that would likely be late 2021. Might as well order the Grabber Blue GT instead.

OP
OP
RedFive17

RedFive17

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
Perhaps your best bet will be to make an arrangement with a dealer to save a Grabber Blue First Edition they will use for test drives for you to buy after thy are done demonstrating it, but that would likely be late 2021. Might as well order the Grabber Blue GT instead.
I thought about that with one dealership that was very responsive and mentioned their GB was for demo purposes. But I'm not sure I want my MME to be driven hard and fast for a few months before I get it. If I'm unable to find a First Edition, I will either vinyl wrap my premium for something completely unique or change my order to a GT.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I thought about that with one dealership that was very responsive and mentioned their GB was for demo purposes. But I'm not sure I want my MME to be driven hard and fast for a few months before I get it. If I'm unable to find a First Edition, I will either vinyl wrap my premium for something completely unique or change my order to a GT.
By the time I get my Premium configured as a Mach-x4, the additional add to a GT is only about 4K. I think there is even less difference from the cost of an FE-x4. But I am sticking with the Premium because can't get Space Gray Interior or Infinite Blue with the GT and I am terrible at waiting and can use the extra 25 miles range more than that crazy extra power.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Agreed with the previous posts -- Use the opportunity to just get a Grabber Blue GT. I think you'll end up with it sooner in the end, anyway!

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'd agree on the GT. With the bait-and-switch $2,000 price increase for the 301A FE appearance package, I don't think $3,600 represents a very good value for what you get, especially compared to the GT which is priced only slightly more and will likely have better a resale value.

With the base GT you can also get the steel roof instead of the glass roof, which I think is a plus.
Not bad advice, if you can stomach the lower range.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Another option to consider.....
Since you have a dealership who is responsive, if they have another MME that becomes available (customer car that arrives around the same time and the customer doesn't take delivery for whatever reason...). Then the Ford regional rep might allow them to change the FCTP requirement from the GB FE to that other unit.

All that really matters is the dealer has at least one demo car to be available for test drives.

OP
OP
RedFive17

RedFive17

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
Another option to consider.....
Since you have a dealership who is responsive, if they have another MME that becomes available (customer car that arrives around the same time and the customer doesn't take delivery for whatever reason...). Then the Ford regional rep might allow them to change the FCTP requirement from the GB FE to that other unit.

All that really matters is the dealer has at least one demo car to be available for test drives.
Wow, thats a good point. I may get back in touch with them and ask about that. Thanks for the idea. Definitely something else to consider...as is just going with the GT.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I wouldn't get discouraged...I personally think your chances are better then you think. Heck the first Grabber Blue FE we saw delivered here at the dealer in Texas was a cancelled order, chances are there will be more as the deliveries pick up. It's going to come down to how far you are willing to go to get one or how much your dealer can work with you.

I was going to discourage you going after the GT version but after looking at your list of cars I think you would be right at home in one. lol Still the wait might be too long, only you can decide what's important to you. I actually like your vinyl wrap idea if you can't find the grabber blue color, with so many color options now your options are nearly limitless.

Best Of Luck and I hope it works out for you.
Sponsored