Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
A bollard is a sturdy, short, vertical post. The term originally referred to a post on a ship or quay used principally for mooring boats. It now also refers to posts installed to control road traffic and posts designed to prevent automotive vehicles from colliding or crashing into pedestrians and structures.
Sponsored

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I probably should have phrased my question differently, as I was aware of the map, but wasn't sure of the number of stalls at each location that have the magic dock. As in if the location is listed as having the magic dock do they mean all X number of stalls listed at that site have it or is it just a handful of the stalls at a location. It sounds like, based on a previous reply to mine, that all the stalls at a location have the magic dock if it listed as a magic dock location.

Maybe the answer is in the Tesla Charging app, and I could have solved it myself if I downloaded it, but was curious if anyone had more info off the top of their head based on experience. My own laziness is to blame.

Thanks
No worries. Yes, the app will show how many chargers are available - to you as a non- Tesla - at each location. It will only show CCS to you unless you have a Tesla. Our station had 8 of 8 available on the app and confirmed in person. The next nearest showed all of the station also available to CCS. Nationally, all the stations I look at show the whole station available as CCS.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So far, at every site, all chargers have the magic docks.

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
I probably should have phrased my question differently, as I was aware of the map, but wasn't sure of the number of stalls at each location that have the magic dock. As in if the location is listed as having the magic dock do they mean all X number of stalls listed at that site have it or is it just a handful of the stalls at a location. It sounds like, based on a previous reply to mine, that all the stalls at a location have the magic dock if it listed as a magic dock location.

Maybe the answer is in the Tesla Charging app, and I could have solved it myself if I downloaded it, but was curious if anyone had more info off the top of their head based on experience. My own laziness is to blame.

Thanks
I thought there was a filter you can set in PlugShare too. For maximum laziness, I guess at some point they will be listed as a part of the Blue Oval Network? Maybe 2024?

DCC233

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 / 2021 Tesla MY
Country flag
Thanks all for the assistance. This site has made ownership of my used '21 Rt.1 edition much better.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

mkazen

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Pardon my ignorance, but if the Tesla charger has magic dock, do we still need an adapter to plug it into our mach E's?

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Pardon my ignorance, but if the Tesla charger has magic dock, do we still need an adapter to plug it into our mach E's?
No, but you do need the Tesla app and have to provide them a credit card.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Has anyone tried the magic dock w/a non-MME EV? We also have a BMW i4 EV.
Sponsored