Tesla Chargers Going in at Wawas with “15 Minute General Parking” signs?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Buc-ees still don’t have EV chargers, missed opportunity
Actually never mind I see they added Tesla chargers to a lot of them now, still sucks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Chargers Going in at Wawas with “15 Minute General Parking” signs? 1673296803377
Wawa is apparently putting in Tesla chargers (their main competitor - Sheetz - has been installing 350 KWH CCS chargers). But what I don’t get is the “15 minute general parking” sign?
It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesla changes the signs after the Superchargers are turned on and functioning. I think they are letting anyone park there until they’re ready.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesla changes the signs after the Superchargers are turned on and functioning. I think they are letting anyone park there until they’re ready.
No, they'll leave it that way. This is actually pretty common when the store doesn't want to give up the number of parking spaces (or can't due to zoning). The ones near me (at a Healthy Living store) have had those signs up since they opened in 2016.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, they'll leave it that way. This is actually pretty common when the store doesn't want to give up the number of parking spaces (or can't due to zoning). The ones near me (at a Healthy Living store) have had those signs up since they opened in 2016.
Not like it matters, I've never seen EV parking enforced.. ever.

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Not like it matters, I've never seen EV parking enforced.. ever.
Funny you say that, one of the great things about Buc-ee’s is that they aggressively enforce parking rules. Even when there are numerous open chargers, I’ve seen them walk out and tell people to move immediately.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Funny you say that, one of the great things about Buc-ee’s is that they aggressively enforce parking rules. Even when there are numerous open chargers, I’ve seen them walk out and tell people to move immediately.
Too bad they are Tesla chargers :(

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I thought I was pretty far east. But I've never seen any of the stores mentioned in this thread.
We have both in Virginia. I don’t know how high both chains go, but I’ve seen Sheetz in PA and OH. They’re usually pretty big operations by gas station sizing (not truck stop size to be sure, but for a neighborhood gas station, they’re immense).

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I wonder what it must be like to live in a part of the country where convenience stores are called Wawa and Sheetz. Wow.
them are fightin’ words 😂

But really, I wouldn’t have survived college without Sheetz. And everyone loves Wawa, I grew up right near their original store in PA so I may be a bit biased.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
That makes some sense. I can't remember ever seeing a "15 min. general parking" sign in front of a gas pump.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That makes some sense. I can't remember ever seeing a "15 min. general parking" sign in front of a gas pump.
I bet if gas pumps took 20-45 minutes to fuel and they were as rare as unobtainum they would have them

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
I live in Wawa country. My local Wawa has had Superchargers for several years and I believe the 15 minute parking signs have been there all along. I can’t see why you’d need more than 15 minutes, but I suppose it’s another way of saying “Please be courteous.”

I have noticed lately that the Tesla chargers seem to getting a lot more use whereas a couple years ago they were typically empty.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I wonder what it must be like to live in a part of the country where convenience stores are called Wawa and Sheetz. Wow.
It is very very nice to live where they are!
Sponsored