Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t want the FP app to do anything. It can’t do half the crap it was supposed to reasonably and they’d have yet another thing to have Ford screw up. If Tesla is supposed to do the software fantastic, it’d actually get done. The FP app being another failure point in the chain of things that could make this not work.
we’re still waiting on a known L2 charging issue from nearly a year ago.

if a $200 adapter is needed to enable us to pay even more for kW just in the off chance we’d need a SC to go somewhere I don’t think this has much of a chance of solving any infrastructure issues. Until NACS is plug and charge it’s going to be an uphill battle to get people to even use it. If I have to pay more, on all fronts and Ford screws it up to be another EA type of charging juggle it’s doomed. It’d take a few really long road trips to level out the $200+ adapter and higher kW costs.
Not an issue for me as I only drive around town and have never used DCFC. But based on all the many comments about range anxiety I do not care how much the adapter costs not Tesla charges, opening the SuperCharger network is going to be a major infrastructure improvement. The thing I wonder about for the future is how big of a monopoly on charging infrastructure Tesla may eventually obtain.
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Not an issue for me as I only drive around town and have never used DCFC. But based on all the many comments about range anxiety I do not care how much the adapter costs not Tesla charges, opening the SuperCharger network is going to be a major infrastructure improvement. The thing I wonder about for the future is how big of a monopoly on charging infrastructure Tesla may eventually obtain.
Tesla owners are not bitching about their reliable monopoly.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It appears that Tesla is the only one that can charge electric vehicles and provide satellite internet 🤷‍♂️ It is all rocket science ;).

Competition has been real weak up here installing 50 KW chargers but we have a new (old) player with tap and go and 150 KW going in that looks promising. It is always the same government hydro monopoly holding things back by charging you your first borne child for a service if they are willing to give you one at all.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t want the FP app to do anything. It can’t do half the crap it was supposed to reasonably and they’d have yet another thing to have Ford screw up.
FP is really just a portal to our Ford accounts. That includes things like the Ford Wallet paying for the charge, Charge Assist in the car, and Plug&Charge automatically starting the charge upon plugging in. P&C works great at EA now. Done over 100 EA charges using P&C and it's much more helpful than I expected, because it skips some of the failure points people often have starting a session (as well as just being quicker and easier).

But for those that don't want to use any of the Ford charging interfaces, seems likely that people will have the option of using the Tesla app to initiate the session instead. That's already how the Magic Dock Superchargers work for us, so I assume that will be available with the new adapter use too.

The wildcard in all this is the various discount subscriptions, and whether they will or won't work through a Ford charge session activation. As we all know, EA Pass+ discount does not work via Ford activation. And I'm worried that the Ford EA discount (that only some of us have access to) will not be available anymore after it expires this year. The Tesla discount is rather pricey, and it's still unknown whether that will work with a Ford activation. Or whether Ford will offer their own discount subscription for Tesla.

My wish for years has been that Ford just offer a 25% discount in the form of a monthly credit (rebate) in our Ford Wallet for any charge activity, on ANY network. That would be so much easier for them, and better for us by making it work on all networks within BOCN. We'd just pay the normal rates for the actual charge, and at the end of the month get a 25% credit back. But that's just my idea that I hope Ford sees and considers at some point.

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
P&C works great at EA now.
As long as you are the first owner of the vehicle. Ford knows that second owners and subsequent are screwed by P&C and Fords inability to update it. I've been trying to get mine 'fixed' (i.e. working at all) for now 11 months. Every time I'm told, "You're all fixed" And every time I try to P&C it craps the bed, pisses the car off and I end up having to usually move to another charger because of something it's done.

I get software. Only been doing it for 3 decades. And anytime you have data cross providers it's reliability decreases. If Ford doesn't get P&C working for me at least around the time we might be able to use the SC network it'll be the final nail in this coffin. 11 months later and P&C doesn't work, 10 months later and my L2 at home still only 2/3rds works. All these second hand MME's are going to be an accounting nightmare for Ford if they don't figure this out. Or then again, maybe they don't care to figure it out in hopes it pushes people away from EV's so they don't have to fix issues. This is still just the first few months of this cars lifespan, which I guess was never thought to be beyond 36 months.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
As long as you are the first owner of the vehicle. Ford knows that second owners and subsequent are screwed by P&C and Fords inability to update it. I've been trying to get mine 'fixed' (i.e. working at all) for now 11 months. Every time I'm told, "You're all fixed" And every time I try to P&C it craps the bed, pisses the car off and I end up having to usually move to another charger because of something it's done.

I get software. Only been doing it for 3 decades. And anytime you have data cross providers it's reliability decreases. If Ford doesn't get P&C working for me at least around the time we might be able to use the SC network it'll be the final nail in this coffin. 11 months later and P&C doesn't work, 10 months later and my L2 at home still only 2/3rds works. All these second hand MME's are going to be an accounting nightmare for Ford if they don't figure this out. Or then again, maybe they don't care to figure it out in hopes it pushes people away from EV's so they don't have to fix issues. This is still just the first few months of this cars lifespan, which I guess was never thought to be beyond 36 months.
I’m not the first owner of my 2021 but after doing the fix of cancelling and then re-enrolling into the BlueOval charge network I haven’t had a single issue with P&C.
Sponsored