Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Z71 Silverado, 2014 Dodge Durango
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
My AWD Extended Range is scheduled to be built the week of May 24th but I am yet to find one locally to test drive. I have been watching all the youtube videos of test drives which are overwhelming positive from what I can tell. The one thing that I am really curious about is the acceleration. I've only seen a couple videos of people launching a Mach E (X AWD) and they seem to be closer to 5.5 0-60 than the 4.8 advertised so far. I am excited for the Mach-E for many reasons but acceleration is a big one for me. I recently drove a Model Y long range and am really hoping this will be close that that.

All that said, For those that have taken delivery or have been able to test drive. What are your impressions? Have you seen or done 0-60 tests?

Thanks
Sponsored

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The standard testing methodology for 0-60mph includes a 1-ft rollout, in other words the starting speed is not really zero. With the 1-ft rollout, Motortrend reported exactly 4.8 seconds, the same number in the specifications published by Ford (and by the way, Ford discloses the 1-ft rollout on its website), while Car and Driver reported 5.1 seconds with a 1-ft rollout and the rollout accounts for ~0.3 second. The 1-ft rollout also explains why 5-60mph figures are usually higher than 0-60mph figures reported in these publications. Motortrend didn't include 30-50mph and 50-70mph performance in their report, Car and Driver reported 2.0 seconds and 2.8 seconds, respectively, they seem too quick relative to some ICE cars with shorter 0-60mph and quarter mile runs so I thought they were typos, but they are consistent with Tesla vehicles (0-60, 30-50, and 50-70 times are all within 0.1 second between Mach-E Premium AWD extended range and Model 3 RWD standard range).

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I am severely disappointed with the acceleration and throttle response of my Mach-E. Second to the atrocious ride, the acceleration and throttle are the second biggest complaints I have.

There is a huge delay when the throttle is pressed, an audible clunk, and then the vehicle surges forward from a stop. It's like they programmed in the old Ford 4-speed F-150 automatic's terrible engagement thunk and surge when you dropped it into "D."

On the move, say from 40-70 on an on ramp, the WOT response is again slow. It's dull. Not a Mustang, by any means. Even in Unbridled.
Hmmm, I did not experience that delay or thunk during my test drive.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My AWD Extended Range is scheduled to be built the week of May 24th but I am yet to find one locally to test drive. I have been watching all the youtube videos of test drives which are overwhelming positive from what I can tell. The one thing that I am really curious about is the acceleration. I've only seen a couple videos of people launching a Mach E (X AWD) and they seem to be closer to 5.5 0-60 than the 4.8 advertised so far. I am excited for the Mach-E for many reasons but acceleration is a big one for me. I recently drove a Model Y long range and am really hoping this will be close that that.

All that said, For those that have taken delivery or have been able to test drive. What are your impressions? Have you seen or done 0-60 tests?

Thanks
I test drove both a MYLR and a MME Ext AWD. The MYLR’s acceleration felt stronger than the MME - but it wasn’t a massive difference to me. Part of it is the MYLR feels lighter, because it is. It was also a bit louder and rougher as a result. You have to decide if want something a bit more planted and refined or something that feels a bit more like a go-kart.

There is a thread somewhere on here by a guy who test drove the RWD versus AWD MME’s and he noted a significant difference in acceleration. So I’m glad I chose the AWD. It sure felt fun to me.

Last edited:

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I am severely disappointed with the acceleration and throttle response of my Mach-E. Second to the atrocious ride, the acceleration and throttle are the second biggest complaints I have.

There is a huge delay when the throttle is pressed, an audible clunk, and then the vehicle surges forward from a stop. It's like they programmed in the old Ford 4-speed F-150 automatic's terrible engagement thunk and surge when you dropped it into "D."

On the move, say from 40-70 on an on ramp, the WOT response is again slow. It's dull. Not a Mustang, by any means. Even in Unbridled.
Which model do you have?

OP
OP

Lincoln

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Z71 Silverado, 2014 Dodge Durango
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
The standard testing methodology for 0-60mph includes a 1-ft rollout, in other words the starting speed is not really zero. With the 1-ft rollout, Motortrend reported exactly 4.8 seconds, the same number in the specifications published by Ford (and by the way, Ford discloses the 1-ft rollout on its website), while Car and Driver reported 5.1 seconds with a 1-ft rollout and the rollout accounts for ~0.3 second. The 1-ft rollout also explains why 5-60mph figures are usually higher than 0-60mph figures reported in these publications. Motortrend didn't include 30-50mph and 50-70mph performance in their report, Car and Driver reported 2.0 seconds and 2.8 seconds, respectively, they seem too quick relative to some ICE cars with shorter 0-60mph and quarter mile runs so I thought they were typos, but they are consistent with Tesla vehicles (0-60, 30-50, and 50-70 times are all within 0.1 second between Mach-E Premium AWD extended range and Model 3 RWD standard range).
Really great information, Thanks. I was thinking Motortrend was reporting higher at 5.3 but after watching the video again, it appears it was without the 1 foot rollout when they got that.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I just traded my Model 3 RWD in for a MME RWD. I don't have *my* MME yet, but I test drove the dealer's and the MME is not as fast as the Model 3 RWD non-performance. It's a little disappointing but I still went ahead with the deal

I don't think Ford captured the performance aspects of the Mustang with this car, although they sell a 4-cylinder Mustang so maybe they have

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Thanks
As an owner, I have not heard any thunk or other noises while driving, accelerating, parking. I find the car (AWD FE) has plenty of vroom and actually find it difficult to keep to speed limits because it is so smooth.I have tried my own version of the 0-60 (stop light, then zoom) and it took between 4 and 5 seconds; but that is all just experiential.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
The sound and feeling you are getting would worry me. Have you had the dealer look at it.
I have no thunk and no delay. I don't care enough about the time to measure it, but the acceleration seems immediate.

Are you talking about turbo lag-type delay? That definitely sounds like something I would take to the dealer.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Test drove the Performance MY and RWD MY prior to the MME. I have a RWD SR. The acceleration feels a little slower than the MY RWD, as expected, but by no means weak or pedestrian. But that’s just straight line. To me, the Mach E driving dynamics and handling when cornering hard is better. It tracks better and the reason I went ahead with the deal right after test driving was it felt more fun and way more comfortable to drive.
I’ll add one more observation- totally non scientific but the acceleration curve seemed a bit different between the two- the MME seemed to be a bit more progressive in that the 0-20 is better tempered, the MY more jumpy/aggressive/linear at the earlier part of the accel and tames out a bit more.

Last edited:

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I just traded my Model 3 RWD in for a MME RWD. I don't have *my* MME yet, but I test drove the dealer's and the MME is not as fast as the Model 3 RWD non-performance. It's a little disappointing but I still went ahead with the deal

I don't think Ford captured the performance aspects of the Mustang with this car, although they sell a 4-cylinder Mustang so maybe they have
As someone who's owned a 4-cylinder Mustang, that thing feels far sportier than the Mach-E does.

Agreed that the single-motor Teslas feel far sportier as well.
Sponsored