Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Question...I swear I read that dealers were supposed to reach out to reservation/order holders for test drives if the dealer units arrived before the customer's unit. Is my mind playing tricks on me? I've searched all over and can't find any solid mention of it.

Seeing a unit sit in my dealer's show room(sans communication) is making me question whether they intend to have people driving it, and the build date delays aren't helping.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
From what I have seen other people write on this forum, when covid delays mounted in the Fall, Ford decided to prioritize customer orders over dealer demo FCTP cars, so if your Mach E is coming in soon, it will likely get delivered before the dealer’s demo version.

For example, my Mach E is currently estimated to the delivered by the end of this coming week, but my dealer said they won’t get their FCTP car until mid-February.

OP
OP
Ciero

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From what I have seen other people write on this forum, when covid delays mounted in the Fall, Ford decided to prioritize customer orders over dealer demo FCTP cars, so if your Mach E is coming in soon, it will likely get delivered before the dealer’s demo version.

For example, my Mach E is currently estimated to the delivered by the end of this coming week, but my dealer said they won’t get their FCTP car until mid-February.
Not quite what I was looking for. My dealer's fctp is already there, as are a ton of others. I know mine won't arrive for another 2-3 months(pending yet another delay). I'm wondering if I made up my line about dealers contacting those that ordered to let them take the car(I thought it was mentioned for a day), or if someone remembers seeing that as well.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not quite what I was looking for. My dealer's fctp is already there, as are a ton of others. I know mine won't arrive for another 2-3 months(pending yet another delay). I'm wondering if I made up my line about dealers contacting those that ordered to let them take the car(I thought it was mentioned for a day), or if someone remembers seeing that as well.
Not sure if Ford asked dealers to reach out, but I think your mileage will vary a lot with your dealer and also who you are specifically working with at the dealership in terms of whether they follow Ford’s directives on this sort of thing.

Have you reached out to them for a test drive? I couldn’t imagine they would tell you no, maybe ask you to wait if someone is about to take delivery and needs to test drive it before finalizing their choice in the next few days. But I wouldn’t count on them to reach out whether they are supposed to or not.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just show up and ask for a test drive. I drove one yesterday and it was amazing.

The dealer said if I wanted, they are getting ready to place a dealer stock order and I could build it how I wanted and buy it instead of waiting on my GT reservation. Its a tough decision as the main reason for going GT was just how it looks. I don't need the speed.

Reactions: ARK

OP
OP
Ciero

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you reached out to them for a test drive? I couldn’t imagine they would tell you no, maybe ask you to wait if someone is about to take delivery and needs to test drive it before finalizing their choice in the next few days. But I wouldn’t count on them to reach out whether they are supposed to or not.
Yeah, as soon as I noticed one was delivered to them I reached out, but the response was less than assuring. I just asked if they had one I could come look at. I've never gotten to even see one up close, unless you count the two I saw yesterday 40 yards away in their back caged lot after they had already closed. I drove by again this morning and noticed they had the one I had asked him about sitting in the show room just taunting me(I hadn't looked in the showroom the day before, so it was probably sitting there most of the day). I'm just over dealers and I'm ready for my amazon car delivery.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just show up and ask for a test drive. I drove one yesterday and it was amazing.

The dealer said if I wanted, they are getting ready to place a dealer stock order and I could build it how I wanted and buy it instead of waiting on my GT reservation. Its a tough decision as the main reason for going GT was just how it looks. I don't need the speed.
That’s a pretty substantial premium you would be paying on the GT if the performance is of no interest and it is more the aesthetics!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That’s a pretty substantial premium you would be paying on the GT if the performance is of no interest and it is more the aesthetics!
Don't get me wrong, the performance will be fun. But that front end of the GT just looks 100x better than the standard front end in my opinion. I have an Edge ST currently which has around 350 horse power so that's pretty equivalent to an extended range AWD model Mach E, just less torque in my car. The reason I got the ST was because its the only way you can get an edge now with a V6 instead of a 4 cylinder.

If I could get grabber blue in a Premium I would do that for sure. I could easily like plastidip or wrap that grill area to get a similar look. But the color choices in the premium just don't stand out to me.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yeah, as soon as I noticed one was delivered to them I reached out, but the response was less than assuring. I just asked if they had one I could come look at. I've never gotten to even see one up close, unless you could the two I saw yesterday 40 yards away in their back caged lot after they had already closed. I drove by again this morning and noticed they had the one I had asked him about sitting in the show room just taunting me(I hadn't looked in the showroom the day before, so it was probably sitting there most of the day). I'm just over dealers and I'm ready for my amazon car delivery.
you are right - they should reach out to customers but most dealers are not really that good. I know of Ford dealers who did not email their reservation holders when the mmE was on road tour at their dealership

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just visited my dealer's website (Varsity Ford, Ann Arbor, MI). They show two Mach-E cars in inventory. They have a "Schedule Test Drive" option available, so I took the bait and I scheduled a test drive for this afternoon. However, the vehicles are shown "in transit", so I'm guessing my attempt at a test drive won't come to fruition. We'll see what happens...

Also interesting to note: on the dealer's website, the Mach-E's in their inventory are labeled as "Ford Mache". I'm sure the Ford Motor branding people wouldn't be happy that they left out the "Mustang" in the description and that they used "Mache" instead of Mach-E"

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, the performance will be fun. But that front end of the GT just looks 100x better than the standard front end in my opinion. I have an Edge ST currently which has around 350 horse power so that's pretty equivalent to an extended range AWD model Mach E, just less torque in my car. The reason I got the ST was because its the only way you can get an edge now with a V6 instead of a 4 cylinder.

If I could get grabber blue in a Premium I would do that for sure. I could easily like plastidip or wrap that grill area to get a similar look. But the color choices in the premium just don't stand out to me.
Your ebay purchase doesn’t address the nose though, GT front fascia still doesn’t have that smile

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Your ebay purchase doesn’t address the nose though, GT front fascia still doesn’t have that smile
Yeah. After seeing one in person, I think I'm okay with this. I think if anything down the road I might have some kind of vinyl or wrap into the grille area to give a similar look.

I'm getting Grabber blue, and all the tech features I was wanting so I call it a win! And hey, I have a first edition without even having a reservation for one.
Sponsored