DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
A 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 traveled 344 miles in Edmunds' real-world range test, very nearly toppling the first-place Tesla Model 3 Long Range (345 miles).

The California Route 1 outperformed its EPA range estimate by 12.8%, which is consistent with the previous Mach-E that Edmunds tested in November 2020

Judging by EPA estimates, the Mach-E California Route 1 should trail the Model 3 Long Range by 48 miles, not one mile

https://www.edmunds.com/amp/car-new...ach-e-california-route-1-beats-epa-range.html
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Even more impressive if the pictures are the actual car they tested because that’s an FE not a Route 1.

This tidbit is also interesting:

It's also worth noting that Ford says you can safely charge the Mach-E's battery to 100% at home, unlike the recommendations from various other manufacturers, including Tesla and Volkswagen, advising a lower charge for daily use.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Even more impressive if the pictures are the actual car they tested because that’s an FE not a Route 1.
yes, that does strain credibility a bit. I've seen 3.7 mi/kwh, but not 3.9. Maybe it depends on the highway speeds they use

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
A picture is worth a thousand words.

1619583879736.png
There's something consistent about the vehicles where the red line is farther to the right then the blue line, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Anyway, I can confirm the Route 1 achieves 3.9mpkh with over 75% highway (60mph+), based on my own experience.

*Edit - I'm not trying to disparage the efficiency of Tesla, as their cars have great efficiency and I'm not a hater at all. Just wish their ratings were more accurate. The EV world owes them big time, and I hope for continued success for decades to come.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Nuno1122

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach -E CA RT1
Country flag
So I have a CA RT1 and I drive 50miles one way to work my car has 4k miles on it now and I can say that the most miles I get with charge at 100% has been 349. Most my driving is highway 70-80mph I live in southern california so that must help

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Where is the Model Y Long Range though
You'll have to extrapolate from the M3LR/Perf. and the MY Perf. numbers, along with the general trend of all the Teslas on the list. Although the S and X distance ratios aren't going to be as valid as the 3 & Y.

Zapata

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, replacing a 1999 Chevy Metro LOL!
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Anyone know why the Route 1 gets better mileage. Can't just be the AERO wheels. Also it looks to be 200lbs lighter than the Premium extended range.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Anyone know why the Route 1 gets better mileage. Can't just be the AERO wheels. Also it looks to be 200lbs lighter than the Premium extended range.
Optimized for range. Combination of wheel covers, lighter weight and powertrain calibrations.

That Route 1 badge probably helps too. Gotta be worth at least 10 hp. :)

Edit: I love that badge btw......a very cool retro yet modern design.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't think it really is that much better. With the aero covers on in seventy degree weather I was getting a little over 3.4 mi/kwh at 67mph (yes I actually did my own highway range test). At 72mph I've gotten around 3.2-3.3 mi/kwh. With the aero covers off I get 3.1 mi/kwh at 70ish mph

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just crossed 7K miles on mine and have an average of 3.9m/kwh. Based on some of my own testing, I see roughly this on the highway:

65mph = 3.7m/kwh
70mph = 3.5m/kwh
75mph = 3.1m/kwh

But Ford seems to provide only a +/-0.2 resolution.
Sponsored