The Fast Lane

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Just another perspective from "not a MME fanboy". It seemed pretty fair, as they ignored many of the Tesla strenghts. They did not mention the Tesla dash cam, sentry mode, proven OTA, netflix, youtube, video games (atari, etc). They kept refering to the silliest feature of Fart mode while igonoring the other cool features missing on the MME. They showed how the MME had seat heater controls with a single touch on the screen, then ignored the Tesla had the same. So seems it was biased in the MME favor for the most part (except the terrible MME range of 116 miles and bad software glitches to the camera and UI).
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
They seemed a little underwhelmed by the acceleration. Thoughts on whether that is just their bias (and using a Model Y Performance as the benchmark) or is the AWD standard range appreciably slower than the extended range? Seems to me other reviewers - most of whom have had the extended range - agreed the acceleration was "less violent" than a Tesla but they thought it was pretty impressive, even more refined.
I could care less. Anything will be faster than my 4-Cylinder Honda Accord, so Iā€™ll be happy.

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Deleted

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Happy now.
Sorry, I wasnā€™t trying to be a jerk. I just donā€™t understand why itā€™s so common for people to post in threads without reading the thread to see whatā€™s already being discussed. Especially as the OP.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
They seemed a little underwhelmed by the acceleration. Thoughts on whether that is just their bias (and using a Model Y Performance as the benchmark) or is the AWD standard range appreciably slower than the extended range? Seems to me other reviewers - most of whom have had the extended range - agreed the acceleration was "less violent" than a Tesla but they thought it was pretty impressive, even more refined.
I suspect it's calibration to remove some of that "violence" from the acceleration feel, some customers definitely aren't fans of it. If you let the pedal mapping get too sensitive, that jerk (rate of change of acceleration) can make people carsick.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The only AWD EVs that I have driven so far are Tesla, MME and I-Pace. I would say the Mach E has the least amount of thrust felt via seat-of-the-pants meter. I think the Ford calibration briefly limits max power when the TPS input suddenly climb to max percentage. They probably do that to minimize or eliminate wheel spin under most conditions.

I believe the quickest sprint times will be achieved by skillfully applying the throttle input vs just mashing it to the floorboard.
Sponsored