The Fast Lane

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Don't forget that the SR MME only has a max 115kw charge rate
I could of sworn I previously saw a comparison or some other page that had the SR Premium at 150kw too, that only the Selects (which are all SR models) are limited to 115kw, but can’t find it one way or the other now.
Sponsored

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Yeah but Roman is still clearly jaded. At 4:49, "there is where it is supposed to be a Mustang ... there's no Mustang in this". And, then clearly a laugh after he says there is no Ford badging and Tommy says, Well it is a Mustang.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Yeah but Roman is still clearly jaded. At 4:49, "there is where it is supposed to be a Mustang ... there's no Mustang in this". And, then clearly a laugh after he says there is no Ford badging and Tommy says, Well it is a Mustang.
... That said though, if Roman is able to come around to like the car in the end (fingers crossed), then the car is clearly good enough to convert the jaded which is a good sign for folks like us on this forum who already love the car and have yet to experience very much of it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I could of sworn I previously saw a comparison or some other page that had the SR Premium at 150kw too, that only the Selects (which are all SR models) are limited to 115kw, but can’t find it one way or the other now.
The comparison spec chart that Ford published implied that it was only the Select that was limited to 115kw, but that was a misinterpretation. The table lists "up to x" for each model, and since the Select is the only model without an ER battery option it said "up to 115" and the others said "up to 150" because they all have the ER either as standard (FE, RT1, GT) or an option (Premium). The reason for the difference is that the ER has an extra module that is wired in parallel. It has nothing to do with the price point or marketing, just the physics/mechanics of how charging works.

Incidentally, the Model 3 Standard Range plus has lower peak DCFC compared to the Long Range models for exactly the same reason.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
You can clearly see the difference between the son and the dad. He likes tesla more than the son. That is great. But has to be fair to all when reviewing.
Some of the videos they have done have been great, sometimes though the dad gets off touch a bet.
In the end more people we have to review vehicles the better it is for us as consumers.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The comparison spec chart that Ford published implied that it was only the Select that was limited to 115kw, but that was a misinterpretation. The table lists "up to x" for each model, and since the Select is the only model without an ER battery option it said "up to 115" and the others said "up to 150" because they all have the ER either as standard (FE, RT1, GT) or an option (Premium). The reason for the difference is that the ER has an extra module that is wired in parallel. It has nothing to do with the price point or marketing, just the physics/mechanics of how charging works.

Incidentally, the Model 3 Standard Range plus has lower peak DCFC compared to the Long Range models for exactly the same reason.
Thanks, and this does make more sense, thought it would have been unnecessarily punitive for Ford to throttle the Selects in this way if it had been true.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It always listed 38 minutes for the SR.
Thanks.
I probably skipped right over that detail before. All I care about is that is has the ability to DC charge......really doesnt matter to me how fast or slow it is. Just as long as it is some reasonable speed.

I think right now my current EV charges 6 times faster with AC L2 compared to AC L1. DC L2 is about 6 times faster than AC L2. Sounds like the MME will be about 12 times faster when charging DC compared to AC L2 so that is a healthy improvement for my purposes. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Excellent explanation!

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update...they posted their first comparison
I like this one. They just might show us the first real world range test. I sure hope that car is not loaded with latest version of Sync 4, however. Just a little buggy.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I like this one. They just might show us the first real world range test. I sure hope that car is not loaded with latest version of Sync 4, however. Just a little buggy.
Yeah, the glitchy backup camera and propulsion sound not staying on are bugs we've seen before. Let's hope those are already fixed or will be soon.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
They seemed a little underwhelmed by the acceleration. Thoughts on whether that is just their bias (and using a Model Y Performance as the benchmark) or is the AWD standard range appreciably slower than the extended range? Seems to me other reviewers - most of whom have had the extended range - agreed the acceleration was "less violent" than a Tesla but they thought it was pretty impressive, even more refined.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They seemed a little underwhelmed by the acceleration. Thoughts on whether that is just their bias (and using a Model Y Performance as the benchmark) or is the AWD standard range appreciably slower than the extended range? Seems to me other reviewers - most of whom have had the extended range - agreed the acceleration was "less violent" than a Tesla but they thought it was pretty impressive, even more refined.
Hard to say. The standard range is definitely slower than the extended with less horsepower, but the torque is the same. With a 0-60 time of 5.2 seconds, I wouldn’t consider it slow. It would be great to see a comparison video between the two, but we‘ll probably be waiting a while for that.
Sponsored