mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So I have been trying really hard to be like Todd, and rely only on PaaK. But today FP killed my phone battery and I had to extract my hidden Fob, unwrap it from the tin foil, and start the car.

Oh, wow. Everything works soooo much better with the Fob. Sorry @DevSecOps, I tried, but man the Fob works so much better. No more hitting the button on the door multiple times to get it to open. No more turning Bluetooth off/on. No more shutting down FP. No more alarm going off while I try to get PaaK to connect. It just works. Perfectly. Every, single, time.

Did you know as I walked up to the car today it actually knew I was approaching and the lights turned on? I forgot what the Mustang projection on the ground looked like because that hasn't happened in a couple weeks!

Jonathan is right! The Fob rules.
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
One FOB to rule them all!

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
For the first time overnight my phone (S21 Ultra 12) went from 60% to dead. Paak worked well the last two days. I'll give Paak another week trial before going back to the fob. I really want Paak to work most of the time but unfortunately I've not had much success the last six months.

All I want for Christmas is a reliable Paak, backup start code to appear, AND a second fob - come on FORD!!!!

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
That is odd - as soon as you set up PaaK you should have windows up/down buttons added to the left of horn/lights, and frunk/trunk buttons added to the right (and yes the frunk button works for me :p).
Hmmmm PAAK works fairly well for both me and my wifeā€¦. But Neither of us have the frunk button on our phones. Any ideas on getting the frunk button to show up?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hmmmm PAAK works fairly well for both me and my wifeā€¦. But Neither of us have the frunk button on our phones. Any ideas on getting the frunk button to show up?
Nope. Just luck of the draw.
I don't have it either. Some of us are undeserving I guess.....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Fob is the only choice for me.

I don't even own a cell phone. (The phone I use is owned by my employer). IT dept had it for a few hours yesterday and it didnā€™t impact my ability to use my car.

Last night I went to dinner with my wife and we both left our cell phones at home. The idea that I need to carry my cell phone to use my car isn't acceptable to me. Not really happy about not having a physical key either but was willing to give it a try. I think my next car will need a real key of some kind.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

I don't even own a cell phone. (The phone I use is owned by my employer). IT dept had it for a few hours yesterday and it didnā€™t impact my ability to use my car.

Last night I went to dinner with my wife and we both left our cell phones at home. The idea that I need to carry my cell phone to use my car isn't acceptable to me. Not really happy about not having a physical key either but was willing to give it a try. I think my next car will need a real key of some kind.
This is a true paradigm shift for me. I cannot go anywhere without my phone, but you made me actually consider it. Hmmm...

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
This is really a popcorn discussion for those of us in UK since we donā€™t have PAAK. Even if we did, I donā€™t know if I would rely on PAAK alone.

I am of a particular generation who carries their house keys with them. Adding the fob to the key ring does not significantly increase my pocket weight or alter the cut and fall of my trousers/jeans pockets.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag

Company phone owner here, too. I am more likely to l forget my phone than my house key to which my fob is attached.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
There are references to frunk button in FP and opening the frunk using the pillar button. I'm on 1.17.1, June-ish build, and do not have a frunk button in FP. How do I get it? How do I open the frunk using the pillar buttons? Or will all this just come for Christmas ? Thank you.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Iā€™ve only had my car since Monday and my husband and I havenā€™t been able to set up PaaK at all on my phone. I had the fob in my purse and my car didnā€™t recognize it. (Wouldnā€™t unlock when I pushed the button.) I grabbed the fob out of my bag and showed it to the car and it unlocked. Anyone else have something like this happen?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This is really a popcorn discussion for those of us in UK since we donā€™t have PAAK. Even if we did, I donā€™t know if I would rely on PAAK alone.

I am of a particular generation who carries their house keys with them. Adding the fob to the key ring does not significantly increase my pocket weight or alter the cut and fall of my trousers/jeans pockets.
You aren't missing much. Do you have the ability for a back up start code in UK? The fob is all we really need. The pillar code and back up start code are great value added features. PaaK is a novelty item that is unnecessary and adds complexity and anxiety to the ownership experience.

The only people I know that are willing to suffer with PaaK are IT type people. Everyone else just uses the fob because it always works. We have 3 Mach-Es in the family and we all use the fob..

If you are the type of person who can set up a computer network then you are more likely to go through the pain of setting up and maintaining the PaaK feature.

If you are the type of person who hands your phone, tablet or laptop to someone else when it isn't working, then PaaK is not for you.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Iā€™ve only had my car since Monday and my husband and I havenā€™t been able to set up PaaK at all on my phone. I had the fob in my purse and my car didnā€™t recognize it. (Wouldnā€™t unlock when I pushed the button.) I grabbed the fob out of my bag and showed it to the car and it unlocked. Anyone else have something like this happen?
I have not had that issue.
I think I remember a TSB about something like that though.....search that forum section and see if the symptoms apply to you. If so, the dealer can reprogram the affected module (or whatever the specific solution might be for that TSB... )

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This is a true paradigm shift for me. I cannot go anywhere without my phone, but you made me actually consider it. Hmmm...
:)
My daughter is 100% dependant on her phone. I am pretty sure she honestly believes if it leaves her side then her breathing will stop. I think she even takes it in the shower with her.

I look back fondly at my HS years because cell phones weren't a thing back then. I would have had so much LESS fun if I was always accessible to everyone. The stuff I got away with then could never happen these days. I hate to be in High School and having to stick with just one girlfriend at a time..... :p
Sponsored