Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
TL:DR, I'm a guy who created a Youtube Channel to talk about the Mustang Mach E. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa14UqdLzWR7J6B8F29_7SQ (I'm not yet eligible for a 'custom' URL link... need a few more subscribers)

Hi all, this is the Mach Dad who has created a youtube channel to document my families interest/experience in pursuing the Mustang Mach E. I haven't really promoted this thing yet because; A. I don't know what I am doing B. What the heck am I doing. C. Is this really something I want to do.

Why am I doing this? Well back when the Mach E was announced we were looking to buy a new car. I've wanted that next car to be an Electric Vehicle, but the options for us seemed to be limited to Tesla. We were looking at small SUV/CUVs like the Ford Escape and Edge. I grew up in a Ford family (dad worked for Ford here in the Metro Detroit area). So, when the Mustang Mach E was announced it just seemed like a parting of the seas moment... well not really. I told my wife that while it looked interesting, it was probably out of our budget and we moved on. She wants a Ford Expedition and I told her not yet because it is too expensive (bad choice of words).

A few weeks later and I'm still poking around looking for a car and mention to my wife that maybe we should reconsider the Mach E. She was hesitant and said if you want to spend that much money on a car buy me a 'damn' Expedition (paraphrasing here). So I proposed I make a Youtube channel in an attempt to convince her to get a Mach E. My basis for that idea was the fact I've seen so MANY Tesla videos by what seems like a gazillion people talking about all things Tesla. Searches for the Mach E resulted in mostly 'car channel' types giving the Mach E a passing side glance/review/opinion. Where are the endless videos about the Mach E detailing the antics of the ownership, publicity stunts, and car build quality /s. No really, it just seemed like 'Hey maybe there is a need for someone interested in talking about the Mach E on Youtube'. My wife, who never watches Youtube, said 'Well that kinda makes sense'. So here we are.

Who am I and am I even qualified for this? The short answer is probably a 'no'. Then again what even makes someone qualified to do Youtube videos. It just seems like the person talking on the screen must be someone important. I'm not necessarily a 'Car Guy', yet driving a car is probably in my top 3 of things I've done the most of in my life. My background is more in Technology. Spent many years supporting the Marine Corps, Navy, and a local bank. Mostly on the support/Project management side of IT. My personal interests lie more in Technology and cool things technology can do. Electric Vehicles (EVs) really seem to float in a space between a car and a piece of technology. Spend a few minutes online and it seems everyone treats EVs as something 'different'. Which is weird because you could totally put Autonmous (Self Driving) technology in a combustion engine car... yet no one is talking about that (maybe a few people, just hedging my bets here).

I have no background in making videos, editing, talking on camera, writing scripts, audio, lighting, or wardrobe. I do have experience with Photoshop and I did once stay at a Holiday Inn. I'm not getting paid nor sponsored by anyone. This is just me dorking around on the interwebs.

My family and I live here in Michigan (My wife and I both grew up here, but met in California). I had been a vagabond living in Hawaii and California for a few year stints (thus my time spent working with the Marine Corps/Navy). While living in California my wife and I got married and had (2) kids and were eventually drawn back to Michigan to be closer to family. We now live in the 'Metro Detroit' area raising our (3) daughters.
** It sure would be nice making videos outside in CA than bundled up in my basement in MI sometimes **

What is my goal? Simply put, I want to make interesting videos with accurate (as can be) information. I'm trying to do my due dilligence in presenting the facts. It's hard because I'm culling most of my information right now from the internet. I don't have some inside contacts at Ford or elsewhere about this car. My hope is that I can build a repository of videos with information for anyone to use to educate themselves on the Mach E... and ultimately convince my wife to get on board with buying this car.

So thank you for listening to my Ted Talk. I'd be grateful for any support from the community (information, critiques, views, shares, subscribers, etc.) If I say something incorrect feel free to call me out. I'll try to avoid Politics at all costs and just stick to Sports... I mean the Mach E.
Sponsored

micstriit

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq electric, Renault Twizy
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I love your videos, keep going!

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I've watched your videos. Keep up the good work!

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Go for it, mate. I watched your video on setting up in-home charging. Very educational!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Subscribed and will watch after work tonight. My dad was also a Ford Retiree.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I sure hope you get more subscribers because I believe many people are new to EV's and would benefit by watching your channel. Keep up the good work

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Good idea, to justify getting the car. Other things to discuss are the efficiency and possible savings. The Mach E page on Ford's site has an estimated fuel savings and service savings feature. You can look at this to compare vehicle operating costs.

Electrical vehicles are far more efficient at using energy, which most people considering EVs know, but other people don't know about that.

OP
OP
Mach Dad

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I appreciate the Feedback! It's hard to include 'everything' in just one video. I have many more ideas I'm working on. If I don't cover something in one video it's possibly in another ... or planned for a future one.

ie. I want to do a video on the AXZ plan pricing, Federal/State/Local credits, Cost of Operation vs ICE/other EVs, etc, etc... Building my case over time to convince the wife.

Some of these topics seem to make more sense to wait once we get finalized Pricing. It's way more of a process than I figured from the get go. Especially since I'm trying to keep these videos around 10 mins.
Sponsored