BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Okay, we all know EVs eat tires. The GTPE in particular.

However, I’m just having the worst luck with the tires on my GTPE. In less than 8 k miles, I got a slice in my sidewall on the way to work. First tire shop couldn’t diagnose the leak by dunking the tire, re-inflated it and sent me in my way. Ended up having to go to another tire shop, they replaced two tires. Was pretty expensive for two Pirelli P Zero Elects, but ag least it got me back on the road. Tonight, at 13 k miles, heard an odd noise coming from my left front tire, sounded like it increased with speed of rotation, stopped, looked at the tire in the light, found nothing, drove a little further, noticed tire pressure decreasing, looked again, huge screw in the tread…gah. I have never had this much bad luck with tires with any car I have ever owned.
Sponsored

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Okay, we all know EVs eat tires. The GTPE in particular.

However, I’m just having the worst luck with the tires on my GTPE. In less than 8 k miles, I got a slice in my sidewall on the way to work. First tire shop couldn’t diagnose the leak by dunking the tire, re-inflated it and sent me in my way. Ended up having to go to another tire shop, they replaced two tires. Was pretty expensive for two Pirelli P Zero Elects, but ag least it got me back on the road. Tonight, at 13 k miles, heard an odd noise coming from my left front tire, sounded like it increased with speed of rotation, stopped, looked at the tire in the light, found nothing, drove a little further, noticed tire pressure decreasing, looked again, huge screw in the tread…gah. I have never had this much bad luck with tires with any car I have ever owned.
Ouch, that’s bad luck.

My RWD ER is pretty good on tyres, I run them at 37psi front & 49psi rear because I’m always right on the load limit.

Usually get c50k miles from set of tyres.

Those Contis fitted in manufacture though not very grippy lasted fairly well.

Got through 6 Contis in 48,000 on the ‘Stang only really because of a screw puncturing shoulder so couldn’t repair one tyre which came as fronts still had 3mm remaining so decided just to renew full set then or would’ve got more!

Stangy’s now on Mich Cross Climate 2 tyres for last 14,000 miles, fronts barely worn and rears worn by just under 30% before I fronts for rears.

Slightly noisier than original [summer!] Contis but far better grip!

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Just had the wheel alignment gauges on it in garage, too, and everything’s textbook so I can be sure wear & range is unaffected by wheel alignment.

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I mean, I’ve spent more on tires on this thing than I have for my two previous cars combined, that had a combined ownership period of 5 years, in about 7 months. I’m really hoping to not spend another dime on tires for a year.

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
Got a GTPE with almost 23k miles on it. Still have the original Pirelle p Zeros and still has some tred left, just the side of the tires are worn out a bit, but thinking I'll get 25k out of them. First time having high performance tires( ONLY IF MY GTPE HADS IT'S FULL PERFORMANCE🤔...THANKS TO THE 5 SECOND RULE FOR GIVING ME MORE TIRE LIFE😠😫😥) and I think that's pretty good. Tho I do get foot heavy on take off sometimes 😏
On the GTPE p zero summer tires only, does anybody have me beat on the mileage??

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Now I have Toyo Extensa 2s in the front, they really do seem to hook up better. In a year I might replace the p zeros in the back with Toyos.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Got a GTPE with almost 23k miles on it. Still have the original Pirelle p Zeros and still has some tred left, just the side of the tires are worn out a bit, but thinking I'll get 25k out of them. First time having high performance tires( ONLY IF MY GTPE HADS IT'S FULL PERFORMANCE🤔...THANKS TO THE 5 SECOND RULE FOR GIVING ME MORE TIRE LIFE😠😫😥) and I think that's pretty good. Tho I do get foot heavy on take off sometimes 😏
On the GTPE p zero summer tires only, does anybody have me beat on the mileage??
just hit 25354 stock Pirelli with 6/32 left however the exact mileage of the Pirelis is not known as its had winter tires on during the winter

On the slightly bad side, my GTPE also has its original HVBJB so that's probably a ticking time bomb
Sponsored

Last edited: