Things I'd Like to see updated from Ford

Wigton761

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
Hey all, just wanted to compile items I would like to see added to the car.

1. Charging speed in the car.
2. Customizability of the 'app' locations on the center screen and also customizability on the speedo.
3. Current energy consumption on speedo.
4. If the car does it, show the cars it sees around you (VW and Tesla are doing this).
5. More aggressive charging curve when DC fast charging.
6. Frunk opening via app.
7. Drive modes (Eco mode specifically).
8. Adjustment of the climate control that doesn't turn off auto mode (change where the heating/cooling comes from).

I know some of these things have been discussed here on the forum but I also haven't seen some of these talked about. Any of these things bother you guys as well?
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Hey all, just wanted to compile items I would like to see added to the car.

1. Charging speed in the car.
2. Customizability of the 'app' locations on the center screen and also customizability on the speedo.
3. Current energy consumption on speedo.
4. If the car does it, show the cars it sees around you (VW and Tesla are doing this).
5. More aggressive charging curve when DC fast charging.
6. Frunk opening via app.
7. Drive modes (Eco mode specifically).
8. Adjustment of the climate control that doesn't turn off auto mode (change where the heating/cooling comes from).

I know some of these things have been discussed here on the forum but I also haven't seen some of these talked about. Any of these things bother you guys as well?
Welcome to the forum - most of those complaints have been brought up before, so I'd say yes, many agree with you. Check out the Issues Compilation Wiki and feel free to add them to that list, so we can keep it in one place.
FWIW some of these have been promised as coming already from Ford (app frunk opening, charging speed display).

OP
OP

Wigton761

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
I did not know that existed. Thanks! I spend more time lurking than posting

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I do miss #3 from my Bolt. For #2, I'd be surprised if they allow customization of the screen behind the wheel though, there's so many little animations that need certain pieces of that real-estate. I would however like to be able to choose extra information to display permanently. At times it seems so barren.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
For #8 Ford has historically turned off the Auto indicator light as soon as you manually adjust any aspect, but all other aspects do remain in Auto. I couldn't say for sure this is the case in the Mach E but I'd be surprised if they suddenly did something different.
Say for instance you manually change where the air is blowing, the fan speed will remain in auto.

OP
OP

Wigton761

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
Really? That is nice to know. I think you cannot adjust the temperature after that though. I'm not sure. Maybe I'll play with it some more.

OP
OP

Wigton761

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
I do miss #3 from my Bolt. For #2, I'd be surprised if they allow customization of the screen behind the wheel though, there's so many little animations that need certain pieces of that real-estate. I would however like to be able to choose extra information to display permanently. At times it seems so barren.
I agree. If I could show my current consumption and maybe what song playing or something like that, I would be plenty happy with it.

fmcgirt

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach E
Country flag
I agree with all here but I think now with fire season in the West that the one thing that is bugging us the most is not being able to "lock" recirculation on but having to set it each time we start up to keep the smoke smell out. This is just crazy!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I agree with all here but I think now with fire season in the West that the one thing that is bugging us the most is not being able to "lock" recirculation on but having to set it each time we start up to keep the smoke smell out. This is just crazy!
I agree strongly with this, and not just for fire season. I believe the air on any freeway, particularly a traffic-choked freeway, is noxious enough where I would want autocirculate to generally stay on and it would be great if the system remembered what you last set it to.

fmcgirt

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach E
Country flag
I agree strongly with this, and not just for fire season. I believe the air on any freeway, particularly a traffic-choked freeway, is noxious enough where I would want autocirculate to generally stay on and it would be great if the system remembered what you last set it to.
Much better said than what I wrote. Come on Ford! It is worth the extra slight energy cost if any.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I test drove a Mach E today. Regarding #8, I do believe when you change one thing such as airflow location, the rest remain on auto such as fan speed. In a Model 3, you change one thing and everything goes to manual, so if you changed the airflow location while the auto fan is in full blast, the fan will remain on full blast. And yes I have noticed that in the Mach E, I couldn't change the fresh air/recirculate mode without turning on the system.

Regarding #4, what is the point? I much prefer the way the Mach E shows more info with the life tabs, rather than the useless visualization on the Model 3, especially since the Mach E has the blind spot indicator lights on the mirrors.

I don't yet own a Mach E, but I agree the rest would be nice especially 1 and 3.
Sponsored